Tala (formerly InVenture)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Global Accounting Team with all aspects of Tala’s Revenue Recognition, preparation and diving into inquiries on data changes and analysis of monthly Revenue numbers against KPI’s.
- Collaborate with Data and Finance teams to build a sustainable revenue recognition tool with a goal to automate the process and standardize the output reports
- Maintain internal data files and reports in an organized manner that can be relied upon during internal and external audits.
- Provide Accounting teams the support needed during the month-end accounting tasks, Statutory and Regulatory Audits, Close and reporting cycles
- Confirming accuracy/appropriateness of source data files from the database.
- Review Global GL reconciliations pertaining to Tala’s Revenue lines
- Establish reasonable internal controls and maintain adequate and current documentation of Revenue recognition process.
- Build and maintain an adequate, efficient and effective process of Revenue reporting to improve the close and reporting cycles in a timely and accurate manner.
Who you are:
- Loves data – will dig deep to understand the intricacies of a data set
- Can manage discovery and reporting projects from end to end
- Have a strong curiosity around what makes a business tick
- Know how to translate questions into a set of metrics, requirements, and/or reporting
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or Related Field.
- 3-4 years experience in the Accounting and/or Finance sector with relevant experience Financial analytics, Reconciliations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of IFRS and US GAAP (added advantage)
- Strong proficiency in Excel required, Knowledge of and experience with reporting and data visualization packages (Lookr, Tableau), databases (SQL etc), programming (SQL, XML, )
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.) a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in a dynamic, cross-functional environment; customer-focused, with strong history of driving results, managing complexity and dealing with ambiguity
- Basic understanding of core accounting concepts (balance sheet, profit and loss account, impact of cash transactions on accounts receivable)
- CPA K or CPA candidate
- Preferably with experience in Netsuite or other accounting software.
- Experience working for a global company
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate updates in a concise manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to set and achieve established goals
- Exceptional work ethic
You must be logged in to post a comment.