IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Growth Manager, you will help design the growth strategy and implement geographic and product expansion to support the business teams. You will also be looking at the establishment and maintenance of strategic partnerships that enable growth. This is a crucial role as Tala scales up its business across the region and will report to the General Manager and be part of the Country Leadership team.
What you’ll do
- Identify business challenges, conduct competitive analysis, propose analytically grounded, well-researched solutions, and drive execution.
- Drive regular reporting that is consistent across markets that cover cross-functional challenges, as well as funnel and credit metrics, to flag issues for the CLT and country squad.
- Continuously reviewing the operating environment to identify new and emerging risks and advise the GM on the various means to mitigate the identified risks.
- Monitor emerging markets trends and competitive intelligence across lending and accounts.
- Lead the Kenya marketing function supported by the marketing manager, including planning and maintaining the annual budget, driving towards growth and retention targets for all products and ensuring seamless collaboration with global marketing functions.
- Owning & evolving the country marketing strategy outlining our target audiences and the right value propositions to win them and differentiates us competitively.
- Lead product and marketing teams in the development of a go-to-market strategy for new products and services
- Identify customer experience (CX) and loan collection (CL) challenges, propose analytically grounded, well-researched solutions, and drive execution.
- Work with the GM and the CX/CL Site Director to craft and implement strategic and tactical changes to improve recovery rates.
- Work alongside the General Manager to build, launch and scale multiple large partnerships (including strategy, partner selection, terms negotiation, and overall execution) that enhance our core business; lead product and strategic initiatives globally that increase ARPU.
- At least 5+ years at either a rapidly growing startup environment/company working in growth, new products, or new markets or a leading consulting firm working with fintech and finance partners helping them with growth – market or product expansion.
- Strong leadership and management experience with ability to lead a team to execute on high-impact growth initiatives.
- Expert understanding of the local market with strong industry networks.
- Ability to review complex data and identify key issues from a wide range of data sources and make clear recommendations to change the channel/customer/brand/commercial plans.
- Good understanding of commercial decision making and impact of key commercial decisions on the P&L and processes to enhance business performance.
- Ability to use internal and external data to highlight insights and have experience with the Fintech industry data sources.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.