Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Position: Legal Assistant
In this role, you will provide general legal and strategic support to the in-house legal team. You will be responsible for executing objectives, strategies and action plans of the in-house legal team.
- Scanning and saving all transaction documents, contracts, pleadings and correspondences on Egnyte;
- Record keeping and creation and maintenance of files and databases on Egnyte;
- Monitoring documentation on each transaction to ensure completion and accuracy;
- Ensuring each transaction is closed within the agreed timelines;
- Constant follow up and correspondence with external legal counsels on legal matters;
- Work with external counsels and provide the information/documentation required to the external counsels;
- Drafting of the legal documents and other legal work as may be required;
- Co-ordinating with external consultants and legal counsels on land use planning and titling of the various real estate products within the Group;
- Initiating and monitoring payment of invoices to external legal counsels on the procurement management system;
- Reviewing critical dates and evaluating documentation terms;
- Contract administration and management;
- Drafting of generic correspondence;
- In consultation with the legal department, preparation of contracts as may be required from time to time;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination and communication to the team at Tatu City regarding all tasks assigned to the legal team;
- Consistently complete tasks in accordance with agreed deadlines and to the highest quality standard, meeting or exceeding expectations of internal and external stakeholders;
- Embrace accountability, humility and commitment to Rendeavour’s business goals; and
- Support the in-house legal team in additional support tasks.
Hard skills and experience:
- A minimum of two years experience working as a paralegal working in a busy law firm.
- Strong ICT skills.
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office and document management systems.
- University Degree or Diploma relevant to the position.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to LAssistant@tatucity.com by 31st January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.