Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
In this role, you will provide general legal advice and strategic counsel within a broad scope of areas within the organization. The primary focus of this position will be infrastructure and construction law which will include advising on, drafting and negotiating infrastructure and construction contracts. Your responsibilities will however not be limited to infrastructure and construction contracts.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on legal agreements across the Rendeavour Group’s businesses in relation to construction and infrastructure development;
- Transitioning deals from sales and registration of leases to the delivery and utility teams for compliance with infrastructure and utility provision requirements;
- Review, optimization and synchronization of all legal agreements used across the Group;
- Consistently complete tasks in accordance with agreed deadlines and to the highest quality standard, meeting or exceeding expectations of internal and external stakeholders;
- Creation of a library of legal templates for use across the Rendeavour Group and scanning and saving all transaction documents, as well as key correspondence in respect of completed transactions on the document management system;
- Review and rationalization of the use of external legal advice across the Rendeavour Group’s East African businesses;
- Embrace accountability, humility and commitment to Rendeavour’s business goals;
- Support the in-house legal team in additional advisory and support tasks;
- Drafting, reviewing and optimising internal guidelines and policies;
- Advise on legal and risk issues affecting the Rendeavour Group’s business;
- Conduct and commission research and analysis of specific legal questions and preparation of information memoranda, opinions and position papers;
- Managing external legal counsel offering legal services to the Rendeavour Group and compiling reports on matters handled by the external legal counsel;
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas; and
- Monitoring Kenyan legislation as well as advising the Rendeavour Group of companies on the impact of existing and newly enacted legislation on the Rendeavour Group’s businesses.
Hard skills and experience:
- Over 4 years’ post qualification experience in infrastructure and construction law and as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Strong technical ability in: infrastructure and construction law and real estate/property law.
- Track record of working on complex infrastructure and construction contracts.
- Compliant and in possession of the current practising certificate.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiation skills.
- Previous exposure to emerging or frontier markets.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to LCounsel@tatucity.com by 31st January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.