IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Short-form Video Producer/Editor, Public Affairs
To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are seeking a Short-form Video Producer/Editor who will create and edit videos and other multimedia to amplify the work of our global network of non-profit organizations through social media and other communication channels. You will support and lead a variety of projects to ensure we are communicating our stories, impact, and brand in the most effective way possible to external audiences as well as our internal constituencies. This role is part of the Content & Marketing mini-team within the Public Affairs team and reports to the Head of Content & Marketing.
About the Team
The Public Affairs team works to influence the global discussion in order to create an external environment conducive to the achievement of Teach For All’s vision. We are a fast-paced team that works to build a proactive narrative and brand that highlights our core purpose and the impact of our global network, creates a clear understanding of how our network is structured, and raises the profile of our network partners.
As the Short-form Video Producer/Editor at Teach For All, you will engage in the following and/or similar activities:
- Developing and creating short-form video content to be shared across Teach For All’s social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn), website, and other communication channels
- Managing the production & post-production of short-form video projects for social media and other communications:
- Collaborating with the Social Media & Communications Specialist and other Public Affairs colleagues to craft compelling narratives using footage from interviews, b-roll, still images, animation, etc.
- Create production budgets based on resource availability and project specifications
- Manage production workflows from initiation of project to final delivery
- On occasion, produce live video shoots
- As-needed, contract & manage external contractors (videographers, photographers, animators, motion designers, etc.)
- Developing a visual style of Teach For All’s social media video content that is aligned to our overall branding and design guidelines and reflects the needs of our audiences and the medium
- Managing Teach For All’s video, photo, and audio platforms & archives. This includes existing and growing archive of video footage, Vimeo & YouTube channels and audio platforms (currently Apple Podcasts & Spotify)
- Provide other video editing support as needed
- Cutting down long-form videos, Zoom presentations, recorded panels, interviews, etc.
- “Polishing” footage for external viewing (adding starts/stops, intros, titles, lower-thirds, etc.)
- Supporting Public Affairs and other teams with subtitling and captioning requests (using third party vendors)
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- A portfolio of high-quality, engaging video work with 3 to 5 years of working experience as a video editor, including at least 1 to 2 years of experience creating engaging content for social media (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Expertise in creating social media animations and motion graphics for non-profits or other purpose-driven organization
- Technical understanding of pre-production, production, post-production process and workflows.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to be kind, flexible, and adaptive in a dynamic work environment, while maintaining a very high bar for quality
- Proficient in media production software (Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with color correction, audio mixing, and motion graphics
- Ability to set-up, film, and direct simple video shoots
- Experience managing freelancers and vendors
- Outstanding judgment around communicating with external audiences on social media and in other Public Affairs initiatives
- Ability to build relationships and communicate in a way that is sensitive to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., geographical, racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Fluency in the ways brands, particularly non-profits, are using video on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) to connect to multiple audiences and amplify their messages
- Creative thinking skills and knowledge of current trends in social media and short-form video production & dissemination
- Strong judgment and ability to build context quickly in nuanced and complex situations
- Professional fluency in English is required (written, spoken, reading)
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Teach For All
Additional desirable skills/experiences (not required):
- Previous non-profit or education sector experience
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Teach For All’s network
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
If this opportunity sounds like the next best step in your career, please submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV), a one-page letter of motivation (in English) directly online and a link to a REEL video you created. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity. We look forward to learning about you and your passion for ensuring educational opportunity for all!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess permanent local work authorization/permit in order to be considered.
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire and prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Travel and Hours
All work is delivered virtually. Up to 5% of travel may be required. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls (including weekends) are an expectation of this role.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.