Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Grow the RMNCH portfolio by securing new business through leading and contributing to proposal development and implementing the Division’s business development strategy
- Provide technical leadership and develop tools, resources and processes to inform the design, development, planning, and implementation of RMNCH programs and initiatives
- Support the capacity-bridging and capacity-strengthening efforts of the Division in support of elevating the visibility of country program staff and toward localization priorities.
- Develop/review and ensure the technical quality of evidence-based clinical training materials, job aids, curricula, and supervisory systems needed to implement programs, as well as the technical quality of donor reports and knowledge products
- Contribute to and represent the organization at technical working groups at the global, national, and local level.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, and bilateral and other non-governmental organizations
- Works on problems of complex scope that require evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions, with little supervision.
- Networks with key internal and external personnel.
- May interpret findings and make recommendations for improvements.
Project Design Implementation:
- Leads the creation of the technical portion of the project plan of a complex project or multiple projects, within the given resource and financial constraints.
- Coordinates with technical and programmatic staff members to ensure that activities are performed as per award requirements and consistent with FHI 360 policy.
- Work with Enterprise Services to prepare contracts and budgets.
- Provides broad global technical leadership to multiple components for moderate to complex programs.
- Defines and develops solutions for major business or functional challenges.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department / program / project concept, operations, and / or implementation.
- Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures technical implementation is consistent with evidence-based and best practices.
- Coordinates with technical and programmatic staff members to ensure that activities are performed as per award requirements and consistent with policy.
Business Development and Client/Funder Support:
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential clients / funders, partners, peers, etc. to develop new business.
- Collects data for inclusion in proposals, leads proposal research and design and leads developing proposal strategies.
- Prepares proposals, budgets, and work plans.
- Participates in business development meetings with partners/clients.
- Develops strategies to grow the business.
- Participates in client/funder meetings and provide technical input.
- Drafts sponsor reports and presentations.
- Represents the organization at professional meetings and conferences.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs (non-governmental organizations) and consistently viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff members of implementing partners.
- Participate in client / funder meetings and draft reports / presentations.
- Ensures technical deliverables and implementation are consistent with evidenced-based or best practices in RMNCH are compliant with funder contractual obligations.
- Proactively identifies risks or challenges to technical deliverables and creates mitigation plan.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the effectiveness of projects and makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
Applied knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of best practices for ending preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths
- Knowledge of best practices/approaches for health system strengthening to improve the capacity of local organizations and staff in LMICs to deliver RMNCH programs that are evidence-based, and aligned with global and national standards
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated expertise in technical and business development writing
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- In-depth functional knowledge around specialization and detailed knowledge of related areas in the organization.
- General understanding of the external environment and how it affects the industry in general and the organization, including political, legal, environmental, financial, and social influences.
- General understanding of the organization’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on one’s own area.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Provides technical advice and innovative solutions to RMNCH programs
- Works under broad direction and as part of a team with considerable latitude for independent action
- Actions are guided by professional standards and expected outcomes of the program/project
- Is informed about current developments around technical area.
- Problems encountered are complex and may involve unprecedented circumstances; resolution requires investigation, analysis, and review of professional/organizational standards.
- Master’s Degree or its Internal Equivalent in Public Health, Human Development or Related Field
- Clinical degree in nursing, midwifery, or as physician assistant. MD, preferred.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- 12+ years in the field of international RMNCH with a proven record of skills and experience in strengthening local capacity in LMICs. Experience working with international organizations seeking to improve outcomes for RMNCH.
- Proven track record in securing funding through business development and proposal writing.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and providing technical inputs to improve RMNCH programs in LMICs
- Strong project management and personnel management skills
- Ability to network and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders—global, regional, national, local, and private-sector partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required
- Fluency in French or Portuguese highly desirable
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift or move 5-10 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, Outlook)
10% – 25% internationally