Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
As a student you will need to meet the following criteria
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme
- Enrolled in a four-year degree course in a collegiate or undergraduate level of a university at the time of application and during the internship; and
- Have completed at least 3 years of full- time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate programme
- Enrolled in a second university degree or higher at the time of application and during the internship
- Have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree, if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages; or
- Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship or have graduated not more than 12 months ago.
Position: Technical Communications Intern, Strategic Communications
Duration proposed: December 2023 – March 2024 [ 4 months]
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Duties will include creation of visual communication products, support design work as well as the broader strategic communication scope i.e. stakeholder management, brand building and knowledge management.
Specific tasks include:
- Undertake quality photography and videography for the organization.
- Photography and video editing for in house photo-stories and videos.
- Serve as production assistant in recording of videos, interviews, podcasts.
- Support creation of quality infographics and simple designs for digital media.
- Participating in FSD Africa pillars communication planning meetings and support delivery of communication activities planned.
- Support robust management of the organisation’s digital assets to grow reach and trust.
- Support dissemination of FSD Africa and partners content through mainstream and digital media.
- Support planning and branding of FSD Africa events.
- Supporting the delivery of FSD Africa’s in-person/virtual events
- Any other duties allocated by the supervisor.
- Must have completed or is in the process of completing at least four years of a full-time undergraduate degree in Film, Cinematology, Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Production, Digital Communications or a related field.
- Diploma in sound and video production, cinematology will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in still photography and videography
- Photo and video editing skills using modern editing suites such as Adobe and Final Cut
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Digital media/platform literacy with the ability to use social media strategically
- Organizational, interpersonal communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize jobs effectively and the cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs and to uphold the core values of FSD Africa
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and demanding targets.