Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
IntraHealth International seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Technical Director for the upcoming USAID Accelerating ChoiCe, Equity, and Sustainability for Services (ACCESS) activity. The purpose of the award is to improve family planning (FP) and other sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and related health outcomes among adolescents/youth and other underserved and underrepresented populations by advancing excellence, innovation, and best practices in service delivery.
The Technical Director will be responsible for providing overall technical leadership and oversight for the program to assist ACCESS-supported countries to advance access to and use of equitable, quality, and rights-based voluntary FP, SRH, and other related health services. This will include overseeing strengthening the technical and operational capacity of local government agencies and local partners to expand access to high-quality FP/SRH services especially for youth/adolescents and other underserved and underrepresented populations, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, migrants, LGBTQI+ people, and other underserved populations. The Technical Director should be a recognized leader in the FP/SRH sector and should bring knowledge and cutting-edge skills in rights-based, gender-responsive FP/SRH to ensure implementation is based on the latest global best practices and most updated guidelines. They should possess strong project management skills, previous experience working with staff and stakeholders in multiple countries, and they will be responsible for coordinating and providing direction to technical team leads across the ACCESS program. This position will be under the supervision of the Project Director. The position is subject to the availability of funds and approval by USAID.
This position can be based remotely in a country where IntraHealth is registered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in high-impact FP practices, with an operational strategy and policy for the integration of practices into the delivery of existing SRH and primary care services in the public and private sector.
- Lead technical planning and program implementation, ensuring programming is evidence-based and rights-based as well as grounded in global best practices and guided by the most up-to-date guidelines, tools, and approaches.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the development and/or updating of national policies, strategies, protocols, and guidelines related to FP and SRH in ACCESS-focus countries.
- Ensure programming advances gender equity and equality and the meaningful engagement of adolescents/youth, women, and other underserved and underrepresented groups in program design, implementation, monitoring, and sustainability planning.
- Lead technical capacity strengthening efforts to program staff, local government counterparts, and local program partners in the provision of high-quality, gender-responsive FP/SRH programming.
- Contribute to the development of a model for the adoption, replication, and scale up of key FP high impact practices regionally and across ACCESS-supported countries.
- Support monitoring and reporting of project progress to ensure quality, timeliness, and completeness of activities, interventions, and technical deliverables.
- Assist program leaders in rapidly identifying and addressing any FP/SRH technical issues related to project implementation.
- Synthesize and disseminate evidence-based results and lessons learned through reports, working groups, country-level workshops, and regional platforms.
- Contribute to project learning, equity, and rights-based FP/SRH programming and the global evidence-base by collaborating with donors, host governments, technical working groups, FP/SRH coalitions, and implementing partners to share and discuss progress, achievements, and challenges.
- Contribute to internal communication, organizational development, and the promotion of the visibility of IntraHealth.
Education & Experience
- Hold at least a post-graduate degree in public health, nursing, obstetrics, or a related health field. Academic specialization in FP/SRH is an asset.
- Have at least 12 years of experience with at least five (5) years in FP/SRH technical and project management roles with similar scope, size, and complexity.
- Experienced in providing training, coaching, mentorship, and capacity strengthening in gender-responsive, equity-centered FP/SRH programming, including youth-centered programming, in various country contexts.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the internal and external body of evidence in FP/RH programs for youth and/or other underserved populations.
- Extensive knowledge of current advances in FP and SRH, particularly for adolescents/youth and other underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Experienced in managing staff and coordinating and collaborating with multiple teams with emotional intelligence, cultural humility, and respect.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations or experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill in English (written and oral). French language skills desired.
- Ability to travel to the focus countries and to regional events.
Exact compensation may vary based on experience, education, training, location, skill level and market conditions.