Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to Group Financial Controller, the position holder will drive the statutory and group compliance across the entities as laid out by company policies, in adherence to the accounting policies for the Group and submitted in the formats prescribed.
The role holder will also ensure that Group companies comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Companies Act and Listing requirements and ensure that the subsidiary companies of Safaricom Plc process, compile and report their monthly financial accounts and results to management and the Group on a timely basis. Additionally, the role holder will drive the performance tracking and management of the subsidiaries against the plans agreed with management teams.
- Ensure compliance of the company processes & procedures in the preparation of the accounting information while adhering to the International Financial reporting Standards
- Champion the compliance and consistent monthly and periodic preparation including management reviews of the monthly Financial reports for all subsidiaries, JVs and Associates
- Continuously applying a combination of advanced accounting and technical knowledge and capabilities to assist the accounting and reporting teams in preparing annual financial reports and business accounts in compliance with local regulatory requirements and IFRS compliance.
- Assisting with interpreting and implementing new reporting amendments and standards
- Offering support and training to accounting team members after implementing new standards, policies and regulations
- Collaborating closely with department heads and other team members to ensure the changes made still allow the finance and business teams to function properly and optimally
- Reviewing and suggesting additions or improvements to the company’s policy documentations and procedures to enhance the overall quality of financial reporting efforts.
- Serving as the main contact for external auditors on most technical accounting matters
- Ensuring full compliance of all subsidiaries in the Group to IFRS accounting standards.
- Review or co-write technical opinions for the Group of companies on all new accounting issues for approval Management and coordinate review by the external auditors.
- Provide training and guidance to all relevant parties on revised accounting policies and any issues identified.
- Ensure that new accounting policies are issued in accordance with IFRS and per the policies and procedures of the Group.
- Ensure that an accounting manual is established and maintained for Group specific matters.
- Oversee the preparation of relevant financial statements and annual report in accordance with Listing and IFRS requirements on a bi-annual basis.
- Assist the consolidation function with reporting and technical issues.
- Assist the consolidation and shareholder reporting function on all technical matters as well as with reporting on an ad hoc basis.
- Lead the accounting work stream relating to Mergers & Acquisition restructuring and group investment projects reviews.
- Ensure that all relevant role players are assisted on all accounting issues relating to Mergers & Acquisition activities.
- Assist with any responses and returns with regards to the Listing requirements
- Lead various ad hoc projects
- Ensure that any audit related issues are addressed adequately and in time
- Maintain and actively manage the auditor relationships.
- Resolve any other issues as identified from time to time.
- Lead a team of specialists reporting into this role.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent with an Honors degree from a recognized university;
- 8-10 years progressive accounting experience in a group company setup
- At least 5 years of team leadership experience
- Preparation of periodic statutory accounts for over a period of at least 3 years