Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are looking for a Technical Sales – Engineer for UPS and Power Distribution to join our team in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Exciting job in an international company, with opportunities to lead and contribute to different projects collaborating with cross-region teams;
- Special training tailored to your needs and career goals;
- Opportunity to develop based on clear career paths, to grow through experience and exposure;
- You will become part of a best in class, diverse and vibrant community who truly enjoy growing together.
- You will experience a knowledge sharing culture, also offering learning on the flow webinars, sales podcasts, drop-in learning sessions, along with continuous coaching opportunities and structured two-ways feedback.
- You will count on a deep collaboration with Sales ,Engineering and Product Marketing
- You will access flexible working practices, and in-house programs focusing on your wellbeing. At Vertiv, You Matter.
- Working at VERTIV means surrounding yourself with people who are ambitious and responsible – a collegial team culture is a top priority here.
What will you be doing?
- Review RFQs and identify customer requirements/specifications;
- Provide sales and pre-sales support with technical support of product specifications and applications;
- Standard product selection based on customer requirements;
- Coordinates with factory engineering departments for specific technical requests;
- Special applications – Configure-to-Order (CTO);
- Configure solutions in Configure-One (C1) where standard products do not fit
- Define feasibility and costs of solutions/products
- Integration, coordination and support the internal pre-sales and/or external suppliers
- Prepare relevant technical documents
- Internal support for project management team and sales
- Presentation/explanation of solution to sales organization
- Interact with Engineering and Manufacturing once customer order is received
- Manage the relationship between Sales teams and the Line of Business;
- Create product and application presentations for customers and consultants;
- Provide technical trainings to sales teams;
- Work with Product Management and Sales teams to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products;
- Constantly monitor the market for trends and competitor activities;
- Support local quality management audits (e.g. ISO9001/14001);
- Support that any activity, task, and responsibility required by role in terms of the International;
- Trade Compliance Regulation is managed and performed in full compliance with the Company ITC certification program itself;
- Participate in technical events / round tables to promote our portfolio.
What will make you successful?
- A Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar related field.
- Previous working experience in AC Power products and installation, especially for Datacenter or equivalent.
- Solid experience matured in adjacent markets and in similar positions.
- Language skills: fluent English written, and verbal required.
- Excellent IT skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Customer/Sales orientation.