IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER – CARDIOTHORACIC CENTRE (CTC)
Reporting to the Projects Manager – CTC, the Biomedical Engineer will be support the planning, organizing and implementing all CTC medical equipment installation and maintenance activities in line with business objectives while ensuring that high standards of quality, cost, and safety are maintained.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all planned departmental activities are geared towards meeting growth and quality objectives.
- Planning, developing and implementing Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programmes for all medical equipment within the group and maintaining accurate, up to date maintenance, monthly reports on the same.
- Develop and ensure implementation of medical equipment maintenance standard operating procedures and policies in accordance with the policies of the hospital and other quality standards.
- Lead in providing technical advice in the procurement of relevant equipment, spare parts, and critical supplies as per the company needs.
- Carry out routine training as required of the maintenance staff and users in order to ensure correct usage and maintenance of equipment.
- Support inventory management of medical equipment.
- Continuously monitor work on site to installation and support and ensure compliance with the signed contracts and the approved plans and standards. Promptly report breaches to contractors.
- Ensure adequate coverage of hospitals through monthly work schedules (ROTA) and supervising maintenance operations and staff.
- Prepare weekly progress reports for all visits, including instructions, amendments, labor force, quality, Health, and Safety.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s health and safety requirements.
- Preparing Medical Maintenance KPIs and reports including equipment availability, cost control, and adherence to ppm.
- Team player, respect the hospital’s chain of command, and undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Recognized diploma in Bio-Medical Engineering or a degree in the same from a recognized institution.
- Membership in the Association of Medical Engineers of Kenya (AMEK)
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience.
- Experience in working and collaborating with communities, County Governments and Government Ministries.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, Microsoft outlook, excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith* addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.