IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
COMMUNITY HEALTH SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the Community Health Specialist will oversee programs under HIV Prevention & Health – HIV testing services, Teen Mothers, Maternal Child Health, Rheumatic Heart Diseases, Pelvic Floor Disorder and Non-Communicable Diseases.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing all HIV Prevention and Health – HIV testing services, Teen mothers program, Maternal Child Health, Rheumatic Heart Diseases program, Pelvic Floor Disorder and None Communicable diseases Programs
- Supervise staff and provide spiritual leadership
- Ensure that staff under his/her supervision generate target work plans that will help program realize set goals
- Ensure that all staff have daily activity work schedule /time schedules
- Ensure proper recording of all field activities.
- Assist program manager in formulating project budget
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from department meetings
- Regularly meet with program manager to update and plan
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project/activity.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Facilitate and promote team work
- Facilitate staff on development approaches
- Make Requisitions and monitor project finance for planned activities.
- To do any other duty assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills for the positions.
- Degree in Global Health, Public Health, Development Studies, Nutrition or
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with regards to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development projects, both at community level and facilities such as schools and health facilities and households.
- Must be a results-oriented person who can handle a heavy workload as well as multiple organizational, donor and MOH demands.
- Experience in in working and collaborating with communities, County Governments and Government Ministries.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith* addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through email@example.com by 30th November 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.