IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
GENERAL AGRICULTURE FIELD FACILITATOR
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Community Capacity Building Specialist, the jobholder will work directly with farmer groups and help them discover practical sustainable agriculture concepts that will generate employment and enhance economic development in both rain fed and dry land farming for Gods glory.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate implementation of Food Security and Nutrition Program activities at the field/farm level– making sure activity timelines are met.
- Participate in selection and recruitment of farmers to participate in improving their nutrition standards and health.
- Provide training and support to farmers on crop and livestock production with emphasis on organic farming.
- Facilitate farmers in farm records.
- Organize and carry out agricultural field days for purpose of learning.
- Develop marketing network for farmer groups.
- Facilitate farmer groups to be certified on organic farming/farming Gods way and care of creation.
- Be subject Matter Specialist offering backstopping services to field staff and farmers.
- Carry out extension visits to the farmers and offer technical assistance.
- Organize and facilitate on-farm demonstration.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation to ascertain the project is achieving her objectives.
- Produce progress reports on regular basis as prescribed in the program agreement.
- Train/expose farmers on agriculture value addition.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in general Agriculture/Sustainable agriculture) from a recognized institution.
- Experience in community mobilization and working with farmer groups will be an added advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrable ability to deliver technical training.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith* addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through email@example.com by 30th November 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.