IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Paediatric Surgeon will be responsible for the diagnosis, preoperative, operative and postoperative management of surgical problems in infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- Provide and coordinate care of preterm, neonates, infants, children, and adolescents requiring elective and emergency surgery.
- Supervise the smooth running of outpatient clinics, inpatient ward rounds and operating theaters relevant to pediatric surgery as scheduled.
- Help coordinate referral of pediatric surgical patients with congenital anomalies, trauma and other conditions requiring emergency surgery and critical care.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary prenatal counseling for expectant women carrying pregnancies with antenatally diagnosed congenital anomalies and formulate a treatment plan
- Work in liaison with other hospital departments to offer high quality multi-disciplinary care to pediatric surgical and trauma patients.
- Conduct and supervise regular and effective discussions with parents / primary caregivers about their child’s diagnosis, progress, and treatment plan.
- Participate in tracking monthly data for surgical site infections, morbidity and mortality and mortality audits for all deaths.
- Participate in multidisciplinary tumor board meetings and assist in formulating working plans for pediatric oncology patients.
- Participate in audits involving pediatric surgical patients and attend scheduled departmental audit meetings.
- Ensure efficient and proper use of hospital resources to keep costs reasonable while maintaining acceptable standards. Be involved in teaching, education and mentoring of Fellows, residents, medical and clinical officers, Interns, nurses, and other staff.
- Keep abreast with national policies and evidence-based patient care.
- Participate in conducting research to generate data for Quality improvement.
- Participate in local and international conferences to build on knowledge and skills.
- Assist in coordinating rotation of visiting fellows, residents, and pediatric surgeons.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree in Pediatric Surgery or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) or its equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners & Dentist Council.
- Valid practicing license in Pediatric surgery from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Strong communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith* addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through email@example.com by 30th November 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.