Reporting to the Director, Tenwek Hospital Community Health and Development (THCHD) Programs Manager is a key member of the Administrative Team and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of field program activities. The Programs Manager will have a day-to-day responsibility for coordinating all the project and program activities at THCHD and make a glowing testimony for Christ by making it a place where people see Him in everything done.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- To witness by word, action and example of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Participate in the development and implementation of THCHD policies, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Ensure timely formulation, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate of appropriate projects and Programmes.
- Spearhead effective fundraising efforts for THCHD in collaboration with THCHD Director.
- Compile according to the donor standards all reports – programme/project reports and forward to the Director for forward submission to the donors on time.
- Develop and maintain as planned partnerships with communities.
- Make and maintain quality and effective links with communities, partner organizations and other players in the sector and in the programme areas.
- Organize regular meetings with target community partner organizations to plan and review activities.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Project Planning and management, Public Health/Environmental Health, Social Science or any other relevant qualification from a recognized and accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with regard to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development projects, both at community level and facilities such as schools and health facilities.
- Must be a results-oriented person who can handle a heavy workload as well as multiple organizational, donor and MOH demands.
- Experience in in working and collaborating with communities, County Governments and Government Ministries.
- Work experience in eye health programs will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith* addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through email@example.com by 30th November 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.