As a Senior/Principal Programmer, you will act as the lead programmer, project lead, or project oversight lead on multiple projects for various clients, overseeing the statistical and bioinformatics programming aspects of clinical trials from design through analysis and reporting.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Acts as the lead programmer or project lead on studies of significant complexity, working directly with project team leaders and client representatives to conduct team meetings, develop and maintain project timelines, assess and forecast resources, and monitor study budgets.
- Assumes leadership responsibility as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary project team, communicating actively and frequently with other team members and ensuring adherence to working practice documents and SOPs.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS.
- Manages and documents assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work, being familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides training, guidance, and project leadership to junior team members.
- Provides general infrastructure support to the Department, including representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials, and contributing to other general department documents or policies such as the development of departmental working practice documents and SOPs.
- Provides input into bidding process as requested.
Education and Experience:
- MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field and at least 3-4 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent formal academic / vocational qualification, and at least 5-6 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of one or more programming languages
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and innovative skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to effectively interface with teams and clients, including proficiency in the English language
- Capable of independently and effectively organizing and managing multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Capable of adapting and adjusting to changing priorities
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation
- In-depth understanding of relational data base structure and complex data systems
- Capable of training and mentoring others
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary project team
- Solid project management skills to act as project lead across the most challenging and complex projects
- Capable of effectively capturing biostatistical metrics
- Capable of providing quality control review for statistical programming and identifying solutions and process improvements.