IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About the job
ThinkMarkets is a global financial technology company, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we make it available for our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to bridge the gap between traders, investors and platforms by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products thus providing our clients the ability to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Finance to join our growing company. Reporting to the Regional Director, Kenya, you will be an integral part of the Executive Team that controls all financial functions of the business units while continuously seeking to improve profitability. A key component of the role will be presenting the financial matrix of the business to stakeholders.
- Manage the firm’s financial controls and processes including revenue recognition, invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, general ledger, income taxes and compensation
- Consolidate and oversee company budgets, forecasts, and assess the company’s financial performance and communicate potential risks / operational goals
- Prepare detailed management accounts, metrics packs and drive overall financial goals
- Managing the processes for preparation of all financial reporting & auditing.
- Prepare and present financial information for the Board of Directors
- Manage relationships with banking, financial institutions, vendors, etc.
- Manage licensing and regulatory filings
- Document the due diligence processes, tracking, and reporting on existing investments, assets and resources
- Responsible for the development of a financial strategy, reporting of accurate financial results, and development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets.
- Coordinate effective and efficient revenue management from designated sources
- Any other mission requested by the Managing Director/CEO.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Actuarial Sciences or related field from a recognized institution. A post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) Or ACCA; and
- Membership of professional body (Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya ICPAK, ACCA) in good standing.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Finance and Accounting, at least 5 years’ experience in senior financial management with a successful track record in FinTech and/or brokerage environment
- Experience with brokerage Net Capital requirements and, Capital Markets operations
- Experience with iTax system and the month-end/year-end close process, Payroll accounting, Taxation and all-round statutory obligations
- Hands-on experience with accounting software package, like QUICKBOOKS, etc
- Computer use competency (Office 365, Microsoft Teams, CRM, Perfex, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOK, pivot tables and PowerBI
- Exposure to established or newly set up fintech / trading platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to manage teams and communicate with the Board of Directors