IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
INTERNAL AUDITOR I SCALE XII (12), ONE (1) POST (REF: NT: 01/18/10/2022)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Management/Business Administration or its equivalent and CPA Part III with six (6) years working experience, three (3) of which as Internal Auditor Scale XI or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration or its equivalent and CPA Part III with twelve (12) years working experience, three (3) of which as Internal Auditor Scale XI or its equivalent.
- Must be registered with a recognized professional body and be of good standing.
- With CISA qualification will have an added advantage
- Must be ICT competent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and develop audit systems, techniques and procedures and ensure their effective implementation
- Ensure university policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions are current
- Prepare and submit the University College Audit reports to the University College Council and relevant government bodies
- Undertake comprehensive audits on utilization of resources
- Ascertain correctness of accounting reports
- Prepare audit reports
- Draw up audit programmes
- Prepares audit queries and observations
TERMS OF SERVICE
Appointment to the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to successful completion of probation. Benefits include: a contributory pension scheme or payment of gratuity for those on contract terms, non-contributory medical scheme, generous housing allowance and paid leave among others.
Applicants should send ten (10) hard copies of their application to the undersigned clearly indicating the advert reference number of the position of interest on the envelope, in addition, send an email clearly quoting the advert reference number of the subject line. An updated Curriculum vitae and cover letter only, on a running PDF format as one attachment should be emailed to email@example.com to reach us not later than 9th December, 2022.
Applicants are advised to request their referees to write letters of reference directly to the address below to be received by the deadline shown above.
The Deputy Principal (Administration, Finance & Planning)
Turkana University College
P.O. Box 69 – 30500
TURKANA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.