IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
LEGAL OFFICER SCALE XII (12), ONE (1) POST (REF: NT: 03/18/10/2022
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Masters of Laws/Legal Studies degree from a recognized University with six (6) years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) and Postgraduate Diploma in Law with nine (9) years relevant working experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Law with three (3) years’ experience as an Assistant Legal Officer Scale XI or its equivalent.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and Commissioner of Oaths.
- Must be a registered member of the Law Society of Kenya and be of good standing
- Must have a current practicing certificate.
- With CPS (K)/CS will have an added advantage
- Must be ICT Competent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide corporate governance advisory and practical support to the council, its members and the college for the effective discharge of their duties and responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and practical timely support to ensure effective and efficient Board and committee meetings/processes by facilitating proper constitution, clear terms of reference, well-articulated agenda and minutes, including following up of actions points.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable laws, regulations and codes of ethics.
- Ensure statutory compliance through regular monitoring and implementation of legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Representing the University College in all types of suits
- Offer legal advice to the University College
- Draft, update and review contracts and other legal documentation
- Filing of statutory returns, council records, and college assets registers
- Conduct Training needs assessment for the council members and implement appropriate interventions to meet statutory and regulatory requirements
- Organize for effective Council and Committee evaluations.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Appointment to the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to successful completion of probation. Benefits include: a contributory pension scheme or payment of gratuity for those on contract terms, non-contributory medical scheme, generous housing allowance and paid leave among others.
Applicants should send ten (10) hard copies of their application to the undersigned clearly indicating the advert reference number of the position of interest on the envelope, in addition, send an email clearly quoting the advert reference number of the subject line. An updated Curriculum vitae and cover letter only, on a running PDF format as one attachment should be emailed to email@example.com to reach us not later than 9th December, 2022.
Applicants are advised to request their referees to write letters of reference directly to the address below to be received by the deadline shown above.
The Deputy Principal (Administration, Finance & Planning)
Turkana University College
P.O. Box 69 – 30500
TURKANA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.