IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About the job
Our mission is to make banking free across Africa, empowering our customers to control their financial lives by ensuring financial services are affordable, efficient, and widely available.We are pursuing a once-in-a-generation opportunity to revolutionize financial services in Africa-lowering the cost and increasing the reach of banking while serving the next billion mobile consumers that are coming onlineWe are passionately customer-centric, delivering mobile banking with an exceptional user experience. We leverage advanced machine learning to allow us to create intelligent, affordable financial products for emerging markets where credit is not widely availableHeadquartered in San Francisco, and growing rapidly in Mexico, Nigeria, and Kenya-Umba launched in the Nigerian market and is expanding quickly into additional markets. We offer a broad range of digital banking products to our customers through Android and iOS apps and have a culture of exceeding customer expectations which have generated explosive growth.We are looking for exceptional talent but also for people that share our vision, drive, and sense of mission. Come join us to build the biggest and most loved neo-bank in Africa.
- Identify target HNIs and institutional depositors, define their need and negotiate appropriate pricing thus growing a sound portfolio while keeping the cost of deposits as low as possible.
- Build a significant portfolio of HNI fixed deposits in 2023.
- Participate proactively in the Bank’s ALCO ensuring that lending forecasts are matched appropriately by deliverable deposit targets, concentration risk is actively managed, no material contractual maturity gaps exist.
- Design and develop new competitive deposits schemes and ensure the same gets buy-in for implementation from management.
- Conduct presentations and training to staff to launch the new deposit products.
- Provide advice and assistance on any technical issues relating to the development, launch or modification of such liability products.
- Anticipate attrition of deposits and ensure there is a planned replacement of all deposits lost.
- Achieve agreed fixed deposit roll-over rates.
- Input to digital retail deposits strategy.
- Liaise with the Managing Director, Head of Growth, and Head of Finance and offer support for management action whenever there is need for variation of the level of deposits.
- Recruit a liabilities team as the Bank grows, allocate them liability targets and keep them motivated to reach their target sales.
- Provide Deposit performance metrics, feedback and reports to the management on a periodic basis.
- Obtain the requisite KYC documents from HNIs and other depositors.
- Develop the relationships with HNIs and expand network of HNIs with the aim of seeking new business opportunities.
- University degree in a business-related field
- 5-years-experience in sales and client relationship management in the financial services sector.
- Understanding of banking products and services.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with HNIs.
- Ability to bring a significant network of HNI contacts and Institutional depositors to the Bank.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication skills.
Umba is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.