Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Auditing and Methods functions:
- Assist in the preparation of audit plans and execution of audits, due diligence reviews, business processes or internal controls assessment engagements; Assist in keeping track of the implementation of recommendations from the Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS), Board of Auditors (BOA) and Joint Inspection Unit (JIU).
- Examine and test-check financial and/or personnel, and/or administrative documents with a view to ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and suggesting improvements.
- Work on assignments to improve business processes.
- Document systems and standard procedures with a view to improving internal controls.
Support and administrative functions:
- Provide assistance to the United Nations OIOS, the BOA and the JIU in collecting documentation and other information for the conduct of their audit and oversight assignments.
- Maintain and update audit recommendation control database; tracking and reporting of status of audit recommendation implementation.
- Act as the focal point for the inventory control management.
- Assist in carrying out the unit’s work plan.
- Liaise with UNON Service Units and UN-Habitat divisions and out posted offices on matters related to methods and oversight.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which are within the incumbent’s expertise and experience, and which can be reasonably expected from the incumbent.
- Perform research/ obtain background information related to the subject audited.
- Prepare reports and compile documentation supporting audit observations.
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of data from computer files, records, report from other sources.
- Maintain archives of all audit related files.
- Document internal control systems and standard operating procedures, assist in ensuring compliance and reporting.
- Keep a Database of all delegations of authority, assist in ensuring compliance and reporting.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of audit, accounting and financial policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for
- Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Further education or courses in accounting/auditing/finance is desirable.
- A minimum of at least seven (7) years of work experience in audit support is required.
- Experience with an international organization is desirable.
- Experience with UN financial rules and regulations or similar international organization is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.