Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to effective media communication and engagement; ability to develop and implement a media strategic vision and action plan for UN-Habitat’s media outreach; The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. understanding of the role and mandate of UN-Habitat; understanding of global and regional political trends, public attitudes and varied media platforms; establish effective collaboration and partnerships with officials at all levels inside and outside the organization; shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately, Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to march the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international studies or other relevant field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with the two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in media and strategic communications is required.
- Experience in public information in a multilingual and international environment, preferably in the UN system or a similar organization, is desirable.
- Experience in establishing collaborations and liaising with officials at all levels inside and outside the organization is desirable.
- Experience in technological knowledge and experience of web and social media content management is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working knowledge of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required; knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.