This job has been expired
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Duties And Responsibilities
Provide technical assistance and capacity development to Project partners
- Provide technical support to implementing partners in the field. Support these partners to track and adhere to implementation and reporting (narrative and financial) timelines.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support, mentorship, and training to partners as needed.
- Provide guidance to partners to identify voices from the field (beneficiaries) that could be profiled in the final donor report.
- Support the organization of high-level events and activities on WPS, HA, and DRR with a specific focus LEAP III project.
Support the program’s monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to implementing partners in Garissa and Turkana counties.
- Document emerging issues after monitoring visits.
- Provide regular updates on partners’ implementation during project team meetings.
- Support the organization of field visits for the Steering Committee Members
- Support project final evaluation and other close-out activities.
Support communication efforts and knowledge sharing
- Regularly share ideas of stories from the field that can be used for communication products with the program and communications team.
- Contribute to the production of communication products including impact stories, social media posts, videos, etc.
- Support knowledge sharing and the creation of a network between civil society partners (implementing partners), national-level dialogues, etc
- Support the UN Women Communications team fast-track the rollout of the accelerated plan.
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, Conflict Studies, Political Sciences, Policy, Humanitarian Action, Gender/Women’s studies, International Development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting, and capacity building
- Technical experience in social inclusion in humanitarian action and women, peace, and security.
- A proven track record in the management of projects and teams in a complex and diverse context involving multiple stakeholders is required;
- Experience working on issues of gender equality and women’s rights and civil society organizations in Kenya.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- A project/program management certification would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Swahili (written and oral) is required.
- Working knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset
You must be logged in to post a comment.