United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Initiates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training, ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
- Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, in electronic information systems.
- Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports.
- Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
- Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables; prints and reviews IMIS reports.
BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Monitors status of expenditures and allotments through IMIS, records variations, updates budget tables.
- Consolidates data received and provides support to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Reviews status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
- Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
- Prepares statistical tables and standard financial reports.
- Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
- Drafts routine correspondence.
- Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic).
- Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required, e.g., operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences and translations.
- Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
- Audits the contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
- Processes the payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
- Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Supplemental training in accounting and finance or related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area is required
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required
- Experience working with the United Nations or similar international organization is desirable
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
You must be logged in to post a comment.