United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepare a checklist of key elements, thematic and cross-cutting issues that should be a part of the updated NBSAPs.
- Draft a guide on undertaking rapid assessments of existing National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans (NBSAPs) with a view to identify gaps and prepare for updating the NBSAPs in line with priorities and targets under the Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF).
- Draft Guidance document on how to ensure whole of society approach in implementing the new NBSAPs and GBF
- Prepare a checklist of key policies related to elements of GBF, also focusing on new elements of the GBF, to help countries prepare for policy coherence related actions in the new NBSAPs.
- Prepare briefs on UN agencies contributions to GBF, in consultation with relevant agencies and the Environment Management Group (EMG).
- Lead the organization of one training or webinar on each on the following issues: Undertaking rapid assessments of NBSAP needs in light of GBF; Operationalizing the whole of society approach and whole of government approaches in NBSAP development and implementation; understanding new elements of the GBF and related targets (such as consumption, trade and the related); strengthening role of youth and Indigenous People and Local Communities in NBSAP revision and implementation.
- Liaise with UNEP divisions, MEAs Collaboration Unit, UNDP, Secretariat to Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and other partners in drafting the finalizing the documents and activities listed above.
- Prepare a final report combining actions and deliverables and lessons learnt during the period of consultancy.
- Provide substantial inputs to develop communication material related to the actions above.
- Prepare presentations, briefs and related outreach material in support of the above activities.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences, social sciences or environmental law or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in supporting CBD implementation is required.
- Experience in supporting development and implementation of national action plans on environment and biodiversity management is required.
- Familiarity of CBD and its mandates, national action plans/implementation plans preparation/review/implementation will be needed knowledge/skill for this assignment.
- Fluency in written, oral skills in English is required. Additional language proficiency will be an added asset.
You must be logged in to post a comment.