United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Specific tasks and responsibilities
Under the direct guidance of the Head of the SDGs and Environment Statistics Unit of the Capacity Development and Innovation Branch of the Early Warning and Assessment Division, UNEP., the consultant will:
- Develop the database and compile data and their metadata, where available, related to the core indicators set at national, regional and global levels
- Prepare research on country(ies) case study(ies) to be included in the report
- Prepare the report outline in consultation with UNEP
- Prepare analysis sections of the report based on the final report outline
- Attend to the comments submitted by reviewers and finalize the report.
- A Master’s degree in Environmental Science is a required
- A doctoral degree is desirable.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in statistics and data collection is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in policy development is required.
- Proven expertise and experience in English report writing is required.
- Proven expertise and experience in working on sustainable consumption and production for sustainable development is desirable.
- Experience in the UN system and in a government/intergovernmental setting is desirable.
- English and French are the two working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
You must be logged in to post a comment.