United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Duties and Responsibilities
- UNEP is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development with the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
- UNEP is an Implementing Agency of the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer. UNEP’s OzonAction’s Compliance Assistance Programme (CAP) provides global management services to ensure that National Ozone Units (NOUs) are provided adequate advisory services, capacity building and technical assistance to implement activities approved by the Multilateral Fund’s Executive Committee. At the same time, the global programme management services ensure that the Executive Committee receives timely, accurate, relevant and highquality project proposals, financial and substantive reports, and information about the implementation of actions on the ground.
- At the 91st Meeting of the Ex-Com in December 2022, the Ex-Com approved funding for conducting verification of national HCFC consumption for 2019-2022 as part of the activities for the implementation of HPMP in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 of Tanzania and Zambia (URT/PHA/91/TAS/45; ZAM/PHA/91/TAS/45)
- These approved projects are for UNEP to implement, and it is separate from Zambia’s, and Tanzania’s HPMP project. The Ex-Com further decided that the verification reports should be submitted 60 days prior to the applicable Ex-Com meeting for which the funding is being requested. The implementation of this verification will be coordinated by Regional Montreal Protocol Coordinator for Anglophone Network, UNEP, Africa Office.
- This position is located in UNEP Law Division, Africa Office. During the assignment, the consultant will work under the supervision of the Montreal Protocol Regional Network Coordinator of Anglophone Network of Ozone Officers
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in engineering or environmental science or related area. A first university degree with a combination of two years professional and academic qualifications may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in engineering, environmental science, or related field
- Knowledge of technical issues of ozone depleting substances, experience in the implementation of Montreal Protocol activities and experience in data collection, review and management at the national level regarding HFCs or related substances is an added advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
You must be logged in to post a comment.