United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Biodiversity and Land Branch, with direct oversight by the N4H lead in the Biodiversity, People and Landscapes Unit, the consultant will:
Maintain, grow and add content to the dedicated website for the Nature for Health initiative. Steps to include:
- Create a new page on the website laying out the governance structure of the N4H consortium
- Revise the structure of the resources library and create a functional repository for a growing number of publications, reports and other relevant documents.
- Establish a blog section of the website to store N4H articles.
- Conduct maintenance of the website to keep it up-to-date and visually clean.
- Report to the secretariat communications focal point on website/visitor stats and analytics.
- Liaise with graphic designer to create high-quality visual content for the website.
- Revise visual details on the website, in line with decisions taken by the consortium.
- Create new spaces and pages on the website as the initiative moves into the implementation phase.
- Migrate the website from nature4health.net to nature4health.org and set up a redirect.
- Work with UNEP comms division to ensure that the website complies with necessary standards and guidelines to support the formal approval of N4H’s independent website
- Source appropriate images with relevant credits.
- Maintain the website with any necessary revamp and optimization.
- Provide any outputs in an accessible form that can be adapted by the secretariat, including training on use of the CMS for updates.
- Required education qualifications:
- A first university degree in communications, natural, social or behavioural science is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the chosen content management system, to manipulate the system to the full potential to provide the best website possible.
- Ability to coordinate the process from web ideas through to designing both the visual side and the information architecture.
- Photo editing and design skills to enhance/edit the images in web ready format
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this Job Opening, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
You must be logged in to post a comment.