United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Assist in commissioning and/or conducting practical research and analysis to interpret longterm political, economic and social trends that will enhance opportunities for solutions, resilience and inclusion for populations of concern to UNHCR as well as more sustainable approaches to refugee protection. Help ensure evidence generated from analytical and advisory services needs to be translated better into contextspecific policy dialogue, project design, and programming.
- Assist in planning for resilience and inclusion with a clear shared vision of longerterm protection and solution outcomes for people of concern that takes account of host communities and leverages the roles, resources and capacities of development partners, including Multilateral Development Banks, and Bilateral Development agencies and donors.
- Support the facilitation of the development of comprehensive multiyear transition plans/strategies (incl. MultiYear MultiPartner Strategies) for Persons of Concern to UNHCR and/or facilitate the inclusion of populations of concern into national and local development planning and programming instruments.
- Support the identification, strategic articulation and capitalization of development and resilience opportunities, including through Government pledges and or pledges made by bilateral or multilateral development and/or peacebuilding partners.
- Assist in facilitating relationship building with development cooperation agencies and peace and statebuilding agendas through the different stages of policy and programme identification, preparation, implementation and review.
- Support the development of partnerships and networks with development actors to influence the policy dialogue with governments on institutional arrangements related to sectors, locations and programme content of consequence to UNHCR and persons of concern. This would, in particular, focus on supporting the coordination of the incountry relationship with the World Bank and other multilateral development banks, especially where there is potential for specific funding directed towards UNHCR¿s persons of concern (e.g. WB IDA subwindow for refugees and host communities or the WB Global Concessional Financing Facility).
- Support the cooperation with development partners to assist them in incorporating the concerns of refugees, returnees and others of concern to UNHCR into the design and implementation arrangements of projects and interventions in a manner that impacts positively on protection circumstances.
- Support the operation to ensure that development actors are provided relevant data to inform their planning, programming and advocacy around resilience for and inclusion of UNHCR persons of concern.
- Support the facilitation, coordination, collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and experience between UNHCR and development actors and across UNHCR operations globally by documenting and disseminating good practices and active participation in the Division of Resilience and Solutions¿ Development Partnerships Community of Practice.
- Support training activities aimed at the capacity building of UNHCR and partner agency staff to achieve greater coordination, effectiveness and synergies between humanitarian and development interventions.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P1/NOA 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Development Economics; Development Studies; Socioeconomic Development;
- International Relations; Political Science; Law;or other relevant field.
- (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Not specified.
Relevant Job Experience
- One (1) year of direct work experience in a large international development institution in a relevant position, including experience in field operations. Preferably with knowledge of, or experience in, local or area based economic development, direct engagement in a technical sector such as education, WASH, social protection, health, energy. Practical experience working with and an understanding of the different aspects of economic growth, governance, fragility and conflict. Expertise related to the governance of specific multilateral development banks or bilateral development actors most relevant to the AoR.
- Experience with forced displacement. Experience in primary data collection, quantitative research methods and resultsbased management.
- COStrategic Communication
- CODrafting and Documentation
- MGPartnership Development
- SOCritical Thinking and problem solving
- UNPolicy Advocacy in UNHCR
- IMKnowledge Management
- CLStrategy Development and Monitoring
- PGResultsBased Management
- PRRefugee Protection Principles and Framework
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
You must be logged in to post a comment.