Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Promote cash assistance, and the strategic and coherent use of CBI, ensuring that CBI is maximised to meet protection needs, in assistance and service provision throughout the displacement cycle, including in emergencies.
- Promote and ensure linkages with social protection and financial inclusion.
- Provide technical support on strategic planning and policy making on activities within the area of CBIs, including assessments, planning and budgeting, technical choices, legal and regulatory aspects, implementation modalities, coordination and monitoring.
- Support to ensure that CBI is fully, effectively integrated into the country operations plan and protection and solutions strategies.
- Support and collaborate with protection and sectors to increase the use of CBI in e.g. protection, education, shelter, livelihoods, health and WASH programmes.
- Establish sound monitoring process for cash assistance. Analyse trends and interventions, including CBI expenditure, upstream and downstream activities. Ensure post distribution monitoring (PDM) is conducted regularly and in line with the relevant guidance.
- Ensure fluid communication and information exchange with key stakeholders internally and externally, and participate in relevant coordination and collaboration structures.
- Represent UNHCR in interagency coordination mechanisms and fora, promote and maintain collaborative cash arrangements and strong relations with partners and other key actors.
- Generate data and analysis for evidencebase, communication, and visibility.
- Organise and/or support CBIrelated learning and capacity building, including organising trainings and learning events.
- Fulfil CBIrelated reporting requirements.
- Support the use of UNHCR CashAssist.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
In Country Operations:
- In close collaboration with the Senior Management and under their leadership, ensure the functioning of the CBI component of the MultiFunctional Team (MFT).
- Ensure CBI is implemented according to UNHCR’s policies, rules and processes.
- Ensure CBI is included in the preparedness and response planning, and prepare UNHCR to be the first responder to new emergencies/ and return situations with CBI.
- Conduct required assessments to ensure optimal CBI design.
- In collaboration with Finance, establish CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the operation, and coordinate the review with RB and final clearance with HQ. Support partners in developing SOPs.
- Coordinate the implementation of CBI in accordance with the SOP, ensuring audit trail and proper accountability.
- Coordinate with Supply for timely procurement of financial service providers, including the technical evaluations and any other procurement related issues, as well as contracting of financial service providers.
In Regional Bureaux:
- Ensure the coordination of CBI across the Regional Bureau and the country operations.
- Provide technical support to country operations in all aspects of CBI across the programme cycle, in line with UNHCR’s guidance and policy.
- Review and provide inputs for CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the operations and coordinate the review and final clearance with HQ.
- Review and provide inputs on issues and documents relating to procurement and contracting of financial service providers, including participation in technical evaluations as required.
- Contribute to and generate guidance, policies, tools, and evidencebase on the use of CBI, including policy documents, technical guidance, evaluation, lessons learnt, communication and visibility materials, reports, and synthesis.
- Provide technical support for the rollout and the implementation of CBI to regional bureaux and operations.
- Contribute to CBIrelated knowledge management, training, and learning.
- Contribute to the clearance of Standard Operating Procedures with DFAM, review CBI procurementrelated documents with SMS, review CBIrelated contracts with Financial Service Providers with LAS, and collaborate with other divisions as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P3/NOC 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Economics; Social Science; Political Science ;
- Business Administration; Social Economics or other relevant field
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Programme Management; HCR Results Based Management;
- (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Work experience in cash assistance and proven knowledge and technical skills in the set up, design, implementation, and monitoring of CBIs from a multisectoral and protection perspective.
- Experience in interagency coordination.
- PGUNHCR’s Programmes
- CBCashbased Programming/Managing/Planning
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.