Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Administer entitlements and benefits of locally recruited staff, including, medical and life insurance coverage, Pension Fund participation, dependency allowance, all types of special leave such as parental leave, change of family/dependency status and related actions, promotion, special post allowance and separation benefits.
- Review staff members’ eligibility for entitlements and benefits within the Staff Rules and Regulations, determine entitlements, seek clarifications and discuss with staff members where necessary, prepare correspondence for supervisors’ signature as required. Process and record staff data entitlement in Umoja and forward for next step of processing/payment.
- Administer and monitor contractual status of staff, including relevant actions regarding appointments, extensions, transfers, reassignments, loans and secondment of staff. Analyse recommendations regarding changes in contractual status, determine such staff’s status and entitlements, draft related correspondence, and follow up with phone calls.
- Advise clients on the eligibility of benefits and entitlements within their conditions of employment and on the procedures for submission of claims.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supplemental training in human resources, administration or related area is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Supplementary courses or additional training and certification as ERP Human Resources (HR) Partner is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two (2) years for candidates with a first-level University degree.
- Experience in the use of a staff member administration module (entitlements and benefits) in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- Work experience in administering staff entitlements and benefits in a large international organization similar to the UN is desirable.
- Work experience in serving staff members in geographically dispersed locations is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.