IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Reporting to the Study Coordinator in consultation with the Principal Investigator, the Data Manager (DM) will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining study data systems and networks. The duties of the DM will include organizing, storing and analysing study data as professionally and effectively as possible, while also safeguarding data security and confidentiality standards. Specifically, the DM will be responsible for creating policies for effective data management, formulating management techniques for quality data collection
to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data, devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Develop standard operating procedures for data handling and archiving.
- Design and develop databases that are in line with study needs.
- Maintain data management plans and operating instructions for data systems and architecture.
- Provide guidance in identifying and defining data requirements.
- Implement policies and guidelines for data management.
- Provide technical oversight for integrating new technology or new initiatives into data standards and structures.
- Evaluate the design, selection, implementation and support of database changes using associated study requirements.
- Support field staff in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to study protocol.
- Train field staff when necessary.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all datasets.
- Design, develop, and modify data management infrastructure to expedite data analysis and reporting.
- Review presentations, manuscript, tables and graphs for accuracy and quality.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Principal Investigator.
1. A degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Health Information Systems or its equivalent
2. At least two (2) years relevant experience in data management and analysis.
3. Working experience at the level of Data manager or Data Officer
4. Experience in electronic data management using REDCap will be an added advantage.
5. Proficient in any of the following statistical analysis packages (STATA, Advanced Excel,
SAS or SPSS)
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Proven strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and
disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
2. Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
3. Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
4. Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
5. Networking and collaboration skills
6. Team player
7. Ability to work under minimum supervision
8. Attentive to details
1. Applicants should email their application letters, certified copies of certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) giving details of their qualifications, experience and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts.
2. Applications and related documents should be forwarded through applicants’ Heads of Departments, where applicable, and be addressed to the Director, Human Resource, University of Nairobi.
3. Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
4. The application letter must bear the reference code indicated in the advertisement.
5. Late applications will not be considered.
6. Applications should be emailed as one file in PDF to: email@example.com