Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
The duties and responsibilities of the Urban Planning Consultant are as follows:
- Provide technical support for the implementation of Phase 2 – National Urban Policy Programme (NUPP).
- Prepare progress reports on project implementation to be sent to donors and circulated internally for information sharing within the section.
- Coordinate and support the implementation on the NUP Demonstration Projects in Niger State, Nigeria.
- Contribute to the preparation of various PLGS written outputs, e.g., toolkits, technical guides and publications, draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports, among other knowledge products.
- The Urban Planning Consultant will be part of, and work with the Policy, Legislation and Governance Section reporting to the Section Chief and the Chief of Urban Practices Branch.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Geography, urban planning, architecture, or related disciplines is required. A first-level degree with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in project management, urban and territorial planning, policy-making or related areas.
- Prior experience at UN-Habitat is an added advantage.
- English and French are working languages of the United Nations. For the post advertised, fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of and ability to work in other official UN languages is an advantage.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
- Monitors on-going developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
- Demonstrable ability to innovate prepare and manage projects and programmes
- Ability to work under pressure in diverse environments with minimum supervision;
- Ability to represent and articulate the organization’s philosophy at various for a;
- Demonstrable effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures;
- Strong Planning and organizing skills
- Strong networking, teamwork and management skills;
- Very strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Professional exposure to issues of women, youth and post-conflicts context would be an asset.