Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Are you ready to make a real difference? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Headquartered in Kigali in Rwanda, Ampersand is achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change, through providing electric motorcycles to moto taxis drivers in East Africa. Our electric motorcycles offer savings that can double a driver’s income, in addition to reducing carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one petrol motorbike to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
We have successfully piloted an electric motorcycle and battery swap network in Kigali, with motorcycles in daily operation for two years and nearly 2 million km traveled. We have successfully raised more than $4M in venture capital. We have recently scaled up our tech and operations to our new headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. This is where you come in. The team has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project in Kigali, Rwanda into East Africa’s leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 100 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth as we expand into new markets.
About the role
Ampersand is seeking a Vehicle Maintenance Tech who can deliver exceptional customer service in e-moto repair. This team member will need to be an exceptional mechanic, a clear communicator, team player, and flexible contributor. The Vehicle Maintenance Tech will report to the Aftercare Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Delivering excellent customer service in E-Moto repair
- Prioritize the customer to keep them on the road and earning income for their families
- Be fully accountable to the speed and quality of work in repairing customer vehicles
- Manage the diagnosis of underlying issues affecting customer vehicles
- Work closely with the Aftercare Manager to provide clear and honest information to the customer on the status of their repair
- In addition to customer service work, the Vehicle Maintenance Technician may be required to:
- Support in vehicle assembly
- Work in fabrication of tools, vehicle parts, or equipment
Ampersand is a good fit if:
- You’re interested in clean energy and environmental impact (even if without experience in it yet)
- You possess a strong mechanical intuition from experience in vehicle maintenance
- You are thorough and diligent in your work
- You keep your workplace clean and organized
- You are a team player
- 3+ years’ experience in an assembly, or as a mechanic
- Vehicle or battery experience a bonus
- Strong demonstrated mechanical intuition
- Diligent and proactive in approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills