Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Key Performance Areas
- Monthly analysis of the financial performance of the operating company compared to budget expectation and prior financial periods.
- Manage the financial position of the operating company with the objective of maximizing profitability and return on invested capital.
- Ensure compliance to the Limits of Authority.
- Ensure accurate and timeous financial reporting to the operating company executive committee and other stakeholders in Imperial.
- Provide guidance to executives in the operating company to ensure strategic and financial reporting objectives are met.
- Oversee drafting of annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Quarterly reporting of internal controls.
- Internal management packs and dashboards.
- Tax administration and compliance including submission of relevant returns to revenue authorities.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the internal and external audit process.
- Identifying and managing risk (financial and non-financial) throughout the operating company along with Imperial’s risk department
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient internal controls are implemented and maintained throughout the operating company.
- Provide ad-hoc projects and reports as required.
- Manage overall financial functions.
- Manage cash flow proactively to ensure operating company and group objectives are achieved.
- Manage working capital, treasury and foreign currency.
- Consolidate, analyse and report on financial performance as well as corrective, preventative and improvement initiatives required to achieve financial strategies.
- Review, analyze and then draw insights to assist operational performance.
- Drive the timeous and accurate completion of the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Drive and manage the cost savings initiatives within the operating company
- Continuous improvement of internal financial and operational processes. • Prepare and / or coordinate monthly flash reports.
- Update customer profitability data monthly and report on under-performing contracts. Periodic balance sheet reviews to ensure accuracy of operating company’s financial position.
- Oversee foreign exchange management by ensuring foreign currency related exposures are addressed in accordance with Imperial guidelines.
- Capital allocation decisions to be thoroughly assessed including capex and investment decisions; buy vs lease decisions to be properly assessed.
- Analyze and advise on possible growth opportunities including acquisitions and opportunities that require large capital investment
- Preparation and consolidation of operating company budgets
- Integrate and align multiple value chain functions based on internal and external client requirements as well as market trends and other business intelligence.
- Review and advice on management decisions to ensure optimal impact on the financial success of the operating company.
- Formulate governance and compliance models and frameworks for a function / operation in order to identify and manage risk liabilities.
- Align strategies and objectives for a function / operation according to knowledge gained from reports and analysis.
- Implement and manage workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition and employee relations to ensure an optimal working environment.
- Create an engaging, enabling and productive work climate aligned to the employee value proposition by demonstrating leadership through personal commitment to organizational values.
- Formulate functional / operational budget to ensure that the strategic deliverables are adequately budgeted for.
Nature of Position
- Preferred – Post-graduate qualification in Finance.
- Minimum – Bachelors Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Minimum – Certified Public Account (CPA) Kenya or any other globally recognized Chartered Accountant qualification.