Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Embark on a transformative journey with Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) as we seek a visionary leader for the crucial role of Vice President – Program Effectiveness. At the heart of our mission is the unwavering commitment to building homes, communities, and hope for a better future worldwide.
Habitat for Humanity International is a global force for positive change, dedicated to eliminating inadequate housing and creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Through the position of Vice President of Program Effectiveness, we strive to demonstrate the incredible impact that a decent, stable home has on so many areas of a person’s life.
In this dynamic role, you will spearhead the continual development of Habitat’s program effectiveness, providing clear leadership to teams working on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL), program quality, partnerships, and technical programs, including disaster recovery. Your canvas extends globally, as you collaborate with a variety of entities in the federated network, including four Area Offices, 60+ National Organizations, 1200+ US affiliates, and a variety of external stakeholders, uniting forces across the housing ecosystem for enhanced impact and influence through shelter. This work not only shapes the trajectory of our organization; it impacts lives across borders, cultures, and communities. We build home homes, and we are also influencing the systems that prevent easy access to affordable housing.
- Actively participate and contribute as a vital member of the Senior Leadership and Operations Leadership teams.
- Cultivate and lead a team of four senior leaders, as well as a global, cross-functional team, inspiring and enabling staff to achieve their objectives.
- Development and oversee global technical program strategies aligned with organizational strategic objectives.
- Take accountability for departmental plans and related budgets, ensuring fiscal responsibility.
- Lead and sponsor strategic, cross-functional initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with resource development teams to increase funding for global and regional programs.
- Forge influential relationships with actors in the housing ecosystem, fostering strategic and creative partnerships across sectors for higher impact, influence, and fundraising.
- Champion the implementation of Habitat’s people-centered development principles, catalyzing organizational change that affects overall program effectiveness.
- Master’s or equivalent degree.
- 10+ years of global leadership and management experience, with at least 5 years in housing, shelter and/or community development.
- Experience leading some or all of the following functions in an international development/humanitarian context: program design (including needs assessments); Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning; technical teams focused on basic services, tenure security, habitability and affordability, gender, urban and climate change; program partnerships, and/or disaster risk reduction and response.
- Experience working in a developing country context.
- Experience in effectively managing and leading diverse, globally distributed, complex, leaders of technical teams in a federated network in the international development/humanitarian sector.
- Experience as an effective contributor and compelling communicator in shaping organizational strategy and operations in the highest forums of an organization such as International Board of Directors, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Habitat for Humanity’s affiliated network or significant experience working within a federated network.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an external ambassador and representative of Habitat, along with exceptional communication skills.
- Model and promote HFHI’s Christian-faith-focused mission, vision, values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, both internally, as it relates to organizational culture, and externally, as it relates to program design and implementation.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally 20%.
Active support of HFHI values & commitments:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
- Courage – We do what is right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission.
- Safeguarding We require that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation, and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Application deadline: November 30, 2023