IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
County Legal Counsel Job Group N (3 Posts)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advising on legal policy issues and legal documents.
- Reviewing legal documents.
- Representing the county Government (the Executive and its agencies/ entities) in court.
- Assist in preparing contracts documents and initiating contracts negotiations
- Provide technical support to the County Department
- Provide legal audit services to ensure compliance with County ad National legislations as well as the constitution.
- Analyzing research data and compiling reports.
- Preparing legal opinions and undertaking law reviews.
- Legislative drafting, interpretation and advisory on county legislation.
- Handle pro-bono cases and facilitate public participation as directed by the county attorney.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the County Attorney.
Requirements for Appointment
- Have a bachelor’s of law degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have been admitted as an advocate of the High court of Kenya;
- Membership to law society of Kenya or any equivalent professional body;
- Knowledge of civil and criminal court procedures;
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience;
- Be in possession of a valid practicing certificate;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Be proficient in computer applications
- Be a team player and work well under minimum supervision.
- Meet requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 30th day of November, 2022.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300