Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The FBAM (LPG Packed Sales) is responsible to lead packed sales in the country, in a highly competitive and rapidly evolving market.
- Packed LPG is sold through appointed distributors.
- The FBAM is required to deploy effective Distributor Management, Route-to-Market tools and build relationships with stakeholders to grow LPG (Afrigas) customer base, Volumes and penetration.
The role holder is accountable to:
- Deliver both financial (margin/cost/Ebitda) and non-financial (volume/debt/business growth) LPG business targets through a disciplined and effective implementation of functional plans.
- Provide input in developing LPG business plans and strategies in Kenya, aligned with VE’s LPG vision, strategy and direction, to grow business / market share/ deliver T&R; and implement the same on the ground.
- Use available / defined tools to manage customer / distributor portfolio to deliver results.
- Propose and make changes necessary in the LPG Route-to-Market structure to increase coverage, penetration & throughput (CPT)
- Implement actions to deliver improved metal management, increase cylinder turnaround ratio (CTR), reduce loss of metal to grey market, and control cylinder revalidation costs.
- Manage credit in line with VE credit policy / Manual of Authorities.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for effective S&OP process
- Support the LPG Sales Manager on working with Government and Industry to promote high standards, good practices and a level playing field through the development and enforcement of a robust regulatory framework for LPG.
- Market Intelligence gathering and reporting. Maintain data on issues such as market size, competition, market shares, pricing etc.
- Implement appropriate LPG marketing propositions & promotions, with support from Marketing.
- Conduct and support technical training for LPG distributors, their staff, and customers (including PoS’s).
- Manage the business in compliance with VE LPG HSSE requirements, policies and guidelines. This includes conducting regular distributor / POS audits.
- Brand Promotion: Grow market share in assigned Sales territory. Assist in the planning and implementation of any LPG customer events earmarked for the particular financial.
- Promote the use of alternative payments methods (Pre-payments) for small volume customers and Resellers.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for effective S&OP process.
- Work with distribution to ensure smooth product delivery to customers.
HSSE / Technical
- Train customers and other stakeholders on product knowledge and HSSE.
- Address / Resolve all technical needs that customers may have.
- Deliver assigned HSSE plan items, including: site audits, toolbox and other HSSE meeting participation, PI identification and reporting, TnT engagement, Defensive Driving Compliance, Fitness to Drive, VEK safety rules / driving standards etc.
- Keep abreast with the rapidly evolving and increasingly competitive LPG market in Kenya, responding decisively and speedily to these changes, and at the same time endeavoring to remain ahead of competition.
- Effectively network with Retail team to maximize synergy and LPG sales thru retail channel.
- Participate in lobby efforts with Govt. and other stakeholders to enhance LPG Regulatory framework.
- Develop business plans for all distributors with stretching objectives and targets to enable both VEK and distributor maximize business opportunities in the market.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing with at least 3 years work experience in Sales & Marketing field.
- Previous hands-on experience in FMCG channel/distributor management, selling & negotiation, marketing strategy, customer relationship management.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
Functional Competence – Minimum Level
- Selling and Negotiation – Knowledge
- Customer Relationship Management – Knowledge
- Market Awareness – Knowledge
- Customer Value Proposition – Knowledge
- Distributor / Channel Management – Knowledge
Leadership Competence Minimum Level
- Maximizes Business Potential – Knowledge
- Lead Self and Others – Knowledge
- Deliver Results – Knowledge