Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Manage the outbound and inbound logistics of lubricants for Kenya Supply Hub within the guidelines of Shell and Vivo Lubricants HSSE rules, in a cost-effective manner, while meeting agreed customer’s service levels.
- Volume (2023 Plan): 40K m3
- COGS Impact: Demurrage management (below US$350K).
- Suppliers – +10
- OPEX Impact: US$1Mn.
- Staff No: OU 3 direct, 13 contracted
Within SVL Kenya LSC, Logistics is responsible for:
- Contributing to SVL Supply Chain management mission, to link the marketplace, distribution network and activity in such a way that customers are provided with higher service levels while managing the overall cost.
- Planning and recommending short- and medium-term logistics business strategy and standards for the Supply Hub.
- Initiation of the stock management policies and procedures including stock control, quality systems and damaged stocks.
- Optimizing the logistics network, improving utilization of relevant assets, optimizing working capital and reducing time to market process.
- Instituting benchmarking tracking for logistics, to measure performance relative to best in class that will form the basis for further improvement.
- Negotiating, establishing and delivering appropriate service levels for the business and ensuring customer’s orders are delivered on time as per agreed service level agreement in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for training of subordinates to ensure business continuity.
- Ensures the raw materials and finished products are well maintained according to the SVL standards for stocking.
- Responsible for the monthly stock count of all Finished stock items qualitatively and quantitatively including gain and loss reports.
- Monitor, follow-up and control the stock management activities
- Championing HSSE procedures and policies in Road Transport, storage and handling activities.
- Establishing monitoring procedures for measuring warehousing and clearing agent contractor’s performance (Demurrage management, quality, cost, administration, meeting service level agreements and KPIs).
- Responsible for efficient clearance of import cargo and elimination/reduction of demurrage incidents to reduce COGS impact of related exceptional costs.
- Responsible to build effective working relationships with identified partners consistent with business guiding principles and safeguarding the interests of the Group.
- Ensure compliance with relevant management systems certifications (e.g. ISO), proper records managements including timely and accurate recording of transactions in approved ERP and the related report submissions.
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end Inward Processing scheme process flow from raw material importation to final reconciliations with KRA.
- Best practice sharing and joint initiatives across the country and East Africa region. This position has local responsibilities for lubricants activities involving inbound and outbound movement of raw materials and finished products into the Kenya and exports.
- Storage and warehouse management, planning and dispatching to customers.
- Providing customer service excellence.
- Shares responsibility with the SVLK LSC team in terms of cost and management for the working capital of finished product and ensure the optimal stock levels are stocked at the LOBP warehouse to meet agreed customer service level requirements
- Arrangement of stored raw materials and finished products executed without disruption of production.
- Management of inbound logistics interface with external parties to minimize demurrage expenses.
- Inward processing scheme management to ensure alignment to KRA scheme guidelines.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University degree as a minimum requirement, preferably in social sciences with supported professional qualification in Logistics filed will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience including evidence of managing service providers especially C&F.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demand Management – Knowledge
- Managing Supply Chain performance –Skill
- Manage and Drive and Own performance – Skill
- Work and lead in Teams – Skill
- Imports Co-ordination and Administration – Skill
- Analysis and Problem Solving – Skill
- Compliance, control & exposure management – Skill
- Reflect HSSE commitment to employees and contractor.
- Analyzes setbacks and seeks honest feedback to learn from mistakes.
- Designs solutions to logistics operational problem.
- Fosters a climate of transparency, trust, and respect within logistics teams and cross functions.
- Recognize opportunities to enhance outcomes through partnerships with contractors and suppliers.
- Assigns and reallocates resources to work effectively.
- Coaches, challenges and provides opportunities for growth.