Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The ambition of VVOB is to ensure learners around the world enjoy their fundamental human right to quality education, without exception. In striving for that ambition, we place our values ‘commitment’, ‘integrity’, ‘respect’, ‘quality’ and ‘innovation’ central. As Operations Officer you contribute to this ambition and these values by taking initiative whenever necessary to provide quality financial, administrative, and logistical support to the VVOB projects and team.
The Operations Officer reports to the Operations Manager. You are part of and work closely together with members of the operations team in your country. Furthermore, you work closely together with the other departments in your country.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the projects and staff, including travel arrangements, arranging meeting venues and other related tasks and you indicate areas for improvement where relevant.
- Ensure good office management, including managing office supplies, database management, arranging messenger services and other related tasks and you indicate areas for improvement where relevant.
- Provide financial support to the projects, including bookkeeping, petty cash management, reporting, procurement implementation and other related tasks and you indicate areas for improvement where relevant.
- Provide support to Supply Chain Management, including procurement implementation, receiving and storage of supplies, ensuring proper maintenance of records and maintaining positive client and vendor relationships.
- Support in the financial, logistical, and administrative support and capacity building of partners.
- Oversee daily administrative processes and procedures, ensure efficient business functionality and compliance with best business practices related to operations
Who are you?
Your expertise and experience
✓ Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
✓ At least CPA Part 1 (Section 2) or its equivalent
✓ Experience in a similar position, preferably in the non-profit sector
✓ Excellent computer skills in MS office
✓ Adapt problem solver and decision maker with strong communication skills
✓ Strong business acumen, diligent and proactive
✓ Fluent in English
Nationality: Kenyan national
What we’re offering
- A full-time contract until 31/12/2026, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of donor funding
- This position is subject to funding approval
- A dynamic working environment in an international context
- An exciting job in a growing organization with varied responsibilities and opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Read more about the job description on our website: Operations Officer – Kenya | VVOB. Send your motivation letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 13.