Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
This team is led by COO and works at the intersection of business, technology, and to ideate, develop, pilot, and launch new life-changing solar products across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
About the Role
We are therefore looking for a dedicated and passionate Warehouse Manager to join our Operations team. They will be expected to perform a variety of duties to ensure consistent service delivery as per assigned KPIs. This will include but not limited to Warehouse Layout Planning, Inbound & Outbound Inventory Oversight, Inventory Planning and Warehouse Associate team management.
The Operations team is comprised of innovative, solutions oriented people that work closely with Sun King’s global and regional Research and Procurement, Sales, Finance, and Marketing teams to make sure hundreds of thousands of Sun King.
What you would be expected to do
- Oversee the daily operations of the warehouse, including receiving, inspection, storage, and dispatch of finished goods, spare parts and merchandise at designated facilities within the set SLAs
- Coordinate on warehousing monthly billings based on agreed SLAs
- Following up with 3PL and all relevant parties to ensure order picking/filling is done accurately
- Ensuring dispatch to B2C & B2B networks is done in full and on time
- Timely follow ups with relevant parties on distribution anomalies
- Implement best practices for warehouse efficiency, including lean principles and cost saving initiatives
- Supervise a team of warehouse staff; KPI setting, tracking, including training and performance evaluations
- Liaising with 3rd party partners to ensure the correct warehouse layout is maintained at all times to ensure space optimization
- Develop and maintain inventory control procedures to minimize loss and ensure accurate tracking of products.
- Liaising with the distribution and planning team to set inventory reorder levels
- Ensuring inventory is managed in accordance to the best practice of FIFO
- Planning and conducting cycle spot checks, monthly stock takes and end month stock reconciliations
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Train, guide and evaluate new warehouse workers on safety rules.
- Ensure warehouse teams adhere to set warehouse safety guidelines such as but not limited to use of PPEs at all times.
- Generate regular reports on warehouse performance, including inventory levels, order fulfillment, and efficiency metrics
- Analyze data to identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
You might be a strong candidate if you
- Possess bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Logistics, Transport and Distribution, Procurement and Logistics or Business administration. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, with at least 4 years in warehouse management & logistics/distribution at a mid senior level
- Possess proven ability to work with distributors, 3PLs and sales teams to ensure smooth distribution operations as well as ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relevant legislation pertaining to the region
- Are knowledgeable about inventory management, transport routes, warehousing and distribution networks
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with a robust ERP and WMS
- Possess advanced skills in large volume data management
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Are able to work remotely under minimal supervision
- Have effective People management skills
What We Offer
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.