IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Programme Manager
Reports to: Country Director
Closely work with: Other WeWorld Program and Finance team at country and county offices.
Job Location: Nairobi with regular travel to the project sites.
Contract Details: Annual Renewable contract subject to funds availability with 3 Months’ probation
We World is an independent Italian organization emerged from the union between GVC NGO (constituted in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects in 25 countries, including Italy. We work to promote recognition and respect of the fundamental rights of every human being, fighting poverty, injustice and generating sustainable and durable socio-economic growth models. We strive for a better world where everyone, especially women and children, have equal opportunities and rights, access to resources, to health, to education and to dignified work. A world in which the environment is a common good to be respected and preserved; in which war, violence and exploitation are banned. We feel called upon to increase our capabilities of providing support, in a global context characterized by economic and environmental crises, conflicts and inequalities, in which Humanitarian Aid and Development Cooperation are more linked than ever.
We World has been operating in Kenya since 2009 implementing projects in the counties of , Isiolo, Nairobi, Narok, Nyamira, Migori and Homabay. Our key thematic areas of intervention focus on: Health and Nutrition, Water Sanitation; Food security, Resilience, Climate Change, Livelihood, peace-building, Education; Socio-Economic Development.
Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable communities especially women and children around the World.
The Programme manager roles and responsibilities involves assessing health nutrition needs and performance of all health and nutrition interventions in the different projects. Moreover a great deal of time will be required in designing interventions, writing proposals and initiating and effectively managing and reporting on current projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. Providing technical support, leadership and strategic direction to the field implementation team. Other important aspects of the role include meeting quality standards in Health and Nutrition delivery, encouraging beneficiary participation, liaising with other stakeholders and managing and capacity building project staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned Health and nutrition interventions(s), working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes of the projects are delivered.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and effective Health and Nutrition strategy in consultation with other WeWorld staff at country and HQ level.
- Set clear objectives and indicators for Health and Nutrition activities in collaboration with the field managers and where appropriate, with the local communities
- Continuously monitor and supervise Health and Nutrition activities, overseeing the technical design, execution and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Provide input into the integration of Health and Nutrition interventions in all aspects of WeWorld programming.
- Represent WeWorld in Health and Nutrition technical forums and build relationships with external partners (e.g. community leaders, local and National Government officials UN and other NGOs)
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in We World’s Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Ensures that projects are implemented according to the contract signed with the donor, its rules and indications (e.g. visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting etc), and We World GVC internal procedures.
- Ensures proper planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the We World GVC Health and Nutrition projects
- Develop and maintain relationships internally and externally with relevant actors (including donors, partners, appropriate cluster leads and local authorities)
- Explore the scope for further possible partnerships between the WeWorld and various governmental and non-governmental organisations for effective implementation and enhanced sustainability of the programmes’ activities and outcomes
- Supports identification and formulation of new concept notes and project proposals in the area/region Identification and promotion of fundraising opportunities to co-fund the project
- Facilitates synergies, collaborations and sharing of best-practices among We World GVC project areas in Kenya to effectively and efficiently implement We World GVC activities in Health and Nutrition.
- Perform any other task assigned by the Country Representative
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Higher levels of qualification in a technical filed preferably in Public Health, WASH or Environmental health.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Health and programming in both a development and emergency context.
- Experience working with and through local partners in ASAL contexts
- Experience and knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at County level.
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues- gender, child Protection, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health and nutrition programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Proficient in Computer applications and report writing skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in local language/s skills is an added advantage.
- Experience working in WASH programmes in both development and emergency context.
- Conversant with MEAL reporting tools
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Willingness to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies such as the SPHERE standards.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and to tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and adapt to a growing set up
- Strong collaborative attitude towards all departments towards the achievement of a common goal
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as “Programme manager Health and Nutrition’’ on or before 28th November 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of recruitment process (for application, written test, interview, training, medical examination etc.) nor act through recruitment agents. This is applicable for all opportunities including staff and interns