Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Under the direct line management of the WISH2 Senior Project Manager, the WFM is part of the coordination team based in Nairobi for the “WISH2” project implemented in 7 countries with HI operation in 2 countries, Sout Sudan and Madagascar. With the support of the EAR Regional Finance Manager, the WFM has overall responsibility on the finance management : budget and financial planning, close monitoring (of the regional component and each of the 2 countries) and reporting (in coordination with in-country teams). He/she also ensures respect and dissemination of donor guidelines at field level and is in charge of the administrative management of the regional component of the project. While the position is located in Nairobi (Kenya), it might require missions to each of the countries where the project is implemented.
Responsibility 1: Ensure a sound financial management in line with HI internal procedures and donor’s rules.
BUDGET AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- With the WISH2 Senior Project Manager and the WISH2 Technical Manager, draw up the coordination’s annual budget based on the annual plan of activities.
- Ensure the implementation of expenditure commitment procedures and control the allocation of expenses; ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training for managing their budget and codifying expenditure correctly.
- Ensure coordination with the program teams for drawing up and monitoring of the donor budget and for compliance with the donor requirements.
- Monitor progress on the project financial execution and ensure it corresponds to the programme’s financial and budget monitoring (reporting and alert role)
- Analyse variances between the forecast and the realized annual HI budget on a monthly basis; propose relevant adjustments and, where necessary, prepare the modification request for submission to the donor.
- Design / update the budget set-up in the financial software.
- Design the required internal monitoring boards / reports.
- Contributes towards optimising the use of HI’s own funds.
- Adheres to the deadlines in HI’s financial calendar.
- Prepares responses to questions from internal and donor auditors.
- Oversee respect of internal and donor deadlines for financial reports
- Control and compile the financial reports for the donor both at the coordination component level and at the project level and prepare the final report.
- Archives the budgets and financial reports shared with institutional donors (with an internal and external version) in the dedicated storage spaces.
- Forecast the annual treasury plan for the coordination activities performed in the 6 implementing countries.
- Prepare the monthly treasury forecast and circulate it to the Site Admin and the Site Finance Manager.
- Manage implementation of coordination activities on the administrative and logistic aspects in coordination with Support Services teams in the countries of intervention
Responsibility 2: Ensure administration of the regional component of the project
- Support the Regional team to establish Procurement Purchase and Service Requests (PSR), Travel and Reimbursement of Expenses Forms (TER), Sworn statements and Reconciliation Approval Forms (RA)
- Guarantee proper archiving of the organisation’s documents (compile and organize archives of operational and financial data for the regional component)
- Support the in-country meetings and conferences activities (in particular the procurement process, travel allowances, participant lists)
Responsibility 3 – Compliance
- Ensure compliance of the project on the above listed aspects with donor rules
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (HR, log, administrative, financial, etc.), calling on local expertise if required (lawyers, employment inspectors, etc.)
- Ensure the monitoring of partnership contracts and their compliance with internal rules and donor obligations.
- Follow up on internal control procedures for the accounts, cash-flow, finance and logistics.
- Ensure control of partners’ financial, administrative and logistics management
- Write and disseminate memos when necessary to ease the understanding.
Responsibility 4 – Coordination / Representation
- Ensure close coordination with the aim to maintain accurate and updated information for the 2 WISH HI countries and the Regional HUB of WISH2. In link with HQ Focal Points.
- Relay all issues faced by HI regarding financial matters to the consortium leader, be proactive for suggesting solutions and/or negotiating alternatives.
- Share the necessary information with the line manager and HQ technical advisor.
Responsibility 5 – Support / Capacity building
- Be the focal point for each country of implementation in the aim to share all necessary information and address all issues.
- Support to financial teams in countries of implementation and to local partners on the program’s administrative and finance management, organization of trainings when necessary.
- Make field visit upon request.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
- Kenya is a large country with a good quality of life despite urban insecurity in Nairobi. The rainy seasons are from March/April to May/June (long rains) and October to November/ December (short rains). Nairobi provides access to many entertainment, education, and health facilities. HI has a head office in the business district called Westlands Accommodation for all different preferences is available. Mobility around the city is easy, vehicle taxis and motorcycle taxis are available for movement around the city, although the use of public buses is not allowed.
- You hold a degree in relevant field such as Business administration, Economics, Finance
- You have at least 3 years’ experience overseas in development and post crisis environment, in managerial positions corresponding to the needs of the position.
- You have strong experience in budget monitoring, financial planning, internal procedures controls, financial risks assessment, financial reporting.
- You have experience in coordination or regional positions, preferably in remote management and/or multi-country management.
- You have special ease at collaborative work, participatory approach, and an ability to create dynamic and very positive working relations, including at distance.
Deadline closes : 30/11/2023