Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Guide and oversee the overall project implementation.
- Introduce World Concern to new villages, including outlining our mission, vision, values, goals and objectives as well as the integrated, asset-based nature of the program.
- Strengthen World Concern partnership with churches in Mukuru Kwa Njenga and lead in the training of the pastors
- Establish networks with government offices and other development partners on the ground as necessary for the effective operation of the project at field level.
- Represent World Concern in meetings with communities, churches, government and local leadership, exemplifying the values and beliefs of the organization.
- Documentation of good case studies to inform programming.
- Develop monthly and quarterly project work/activity plans in order to achieve objectives, maintain appropriate documentation.
- Project budget development and Management.
- Timely reporting for both Monthly and Quarterly project reports.
- In consultation with Programs Manager, develop project concepts and proposals.
- Ensure that all project data and reports are well documented and posted on Share point.
- Participate in the Monthly Program Review (MPR) meetings.
- Support facilitation of community dialogue meetings.
- Build and maintain World Concern relationships with the informal settlement community in Mukuru Kwa Njenga and other stakeholders.
- Actively promote WC approach to livelihoods’ business segment with emphasis on promoting group development through support, coaching, mentoring, feedback and identification of investment needs and opportunities.
- In consultation with the Programs Manager identify opportunities and innovative approaches to support livelihood business activities in the informal settlements.
- Support facilitation of community groups and business associations to identify needs and encourage involvement in livelihood business activities.
- Build capacity of existing businesses, establish business groups and the formation of community focused networks.
- Perform any other functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of services in the organization.
- Provide a positive witness of Jesus Christ through personal work integrity.
- Explore and establish partnerships with the local church.
- Integrate spiritual development opportunities, including outreach and discipleship opportunities
Qualification and Experience
- Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ and with passion for evangelism. Past experience in missions will be a key asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Microfinance or Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in Cooperative or Development studies, and/or experience in related fields.
- At least 2 years of progressive programming experience including understanding.
- Ability to promote empowering and developmental models in community work through highly effective communication skills.
- Proven credibility, integrity and professionalism.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to assist groups to formulate their ideas into constructive actions, ability to undertake community-based research, and to effectively complete projects.
- Exercises sound judgment and political sensitivity – especially in relation to the informal settlement community organization
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th February 2023.