World Food Programme (WFP)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Support the Regional Evaluation Unit to track and provide timely technical support and oversight for the planning, commissioning, and management of decentralized evaluations and related evaluation activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Oversee and serve as focal point for the evaluation Management Information System (MIS), coordinating and ensuring the MIS is always up to date, reviewing and analysing MIS data when requested, responding to requests for information
- Track and analyse interactions with LTA firms carrying out evaluations in the region, and support drafting related communications
- Provide inputs and review CO evaluation plans and budgets, including annual reviews of the Evidence Planning & Budgeting tool, and maintaining an up-to-date regional evaluation plan
- Support the Evaluation Manager of regional evaluations, as needed, to ensure an engaging but efficient evaluation process
- Support WFP’s evaluation culture of accountability and learning, working with internal and external stakeholders to enhance learning from and use of evaluation evidence in policy, strategy and programme design and implementation, seeking advice where appropriate.
- Coordinate and support reviews of Evaluation Management Responses and liaise with the Regional Monitoring team during routine follow-ups on management response implementation
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of evaluation evidence products, including evaluation summaries of evidence, communications briefs, and others.
- Support the planning, management, and implementation of evaluation/learning events implemented by the Evaluation Unit
- Support and help manage the updating process of the envisioned Evidence Gap Map, that showcases existing RBN evidence (evaluations, assessments, studies)
Reflective practice, evaluation capacity development & partnerships
- Support the management of a planned regional Evaluation Community of Practice/Learning
- Manage and track evaluation capacity development needs and efforts in the region (including enrolment in the corporate EvalPro training)
- Keep abreast of corporate and any relevant methodological developments in evaluation and contribute to the development of tools to support continuous improvement in evaluation practice.
- Participate in WFP evaluation community webinars or meetings and contribute to the sharing of experience and development of good practices.
- Support WFP collaboration with counterparts from other UN organizations, Government institutions, academia as well as professional evaluation bodies to engage in discussing common Evaluation issues and contribute towards development of theory and practice. This includes engagement with the United Nations Network of Evaluators in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Contributing to Evaluation Function Reporting requirements (e.g. Annual Evaluation Report, annual RBN e-book), including by analysing basic data from the Evaluation MIS, summarizing inputs from Regional Evaluation Unit team members, and ensuring all information is submitted on time.
- Contribute to reviewing Annual Country Reports from the Evaluation perspective
- Support and contribute to the planning and implementation of Evaluation Workshops (annual), and evaluation contributions to other regional workshops and events
- Others as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses or Advanced University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Economics, International Development, Economics, Monitoring and evaluation or other relevant field. Experience within Monitoring and Evaluation desired.
- Minimum of six years of progressively responsible relevant professional work experience in international development or humanitarian work.
- Strong experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools and methods, as well as knowledge management.
- Experience within monitoring and evaluation, especially supporting and/or directly managing evaluations is desired
- Previous experience in humanitarian or development contexts will be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work in a team, establish effective working relations with persons of different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge management understanding and skills, including information management and communication
- Ability to analyze and interpret a variety of quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge of WFP evaluation policy, procedures, and requirements
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of activities and services
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self
- Experience training and supporting others
- Excellent writing in English (French, desirable) and ability to summarize information quickly and concisely
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience or proven interest in evaluation of development/humanitarian interventions.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of French is desired.
You must be logged in to post a comment.