IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Why Join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 550 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO), and typically report to a more senior Budget and Programming Officer, Regional/Country Director or the designate. Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities, analytical work and provide advice on less complex issues.
What will you do?
- Contribute towards the development of plans, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with wider budget programming policies for WFP Somalia CO.
- Create and review project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and provide financial analysis and advice to optimize resources.
- Create and review budget and project documentation and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures.
- Proactively contribute ideas on process and system improvement to better monitor and manage budgets and funds.
- Monitor and provide advice on fund utilisation, and advance financing, loan and borrowing/repayment and refinancing arrangements; including alerts to approaching deadlines for unassigned funds and potential resource shortfalls/surpluses and propose appropriate solutions.
- Monitor and provide advice on actions related to project closure and resource transfers.
- Represent the unit at internal meetings/committees/working groups as required.
- Monitor the resource pipeline to maximise operational effectiveness and provide advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls.
- Support the preparation of food-demand plans to support management and usage of corporate Global Commodity Financial Facility to guide decision-making.
- Collate, analyse data and prepare reports to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Provide regular progress reports on WFP Projects and for donor grants.
- Review and update a wide range of manuals and guidelines and reports including- donor reports, executive briefs and sitreps for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Guide and support capacity building for more junior employees.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Education: Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a First University Degree with additional years of related work experience.
Experience: Three or more years of postgraduate progressive professional experience in financial, budgeting and accounting Systems in commercial enterprises, national governments, or international organizations.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in English.
• Experience in providing analytical inputs for the development of budgets, or operational plans and contributed to the production of various analytical reports to support decision making.
• Strong analytical, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
• Effective cognitive abilities, analytical, problem-solving skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact, negotiating skills.
• Proven capacity to initiate and lead innovation that strives for continuous improvements.
• A demonstrated broad understand of WFP’s financial architecture and how it supports implementation of operations is an added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 1 year (initial)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: 28 NOVEMBER 2022
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.