IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
JOB TITLE: Communications Associate (Social Media Content Producer)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract – Level 6
UNIT/DIVISION: Communication, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM)
DUTY STATION: Regional Bureau of Nairobi (RBN)
DURATION: 12 months (With possibility of renewal)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Communications Associate (Social Media Content Producer) will be reporting to the Head of Communications, Advocacy, Marketing within the Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa (RBN). The role is responsible for the creation of multimedia assets for each stage of the digital user journey. This role focuses on ensuring that each content piece adheres to the unique properties and values of each platform and that each asset advances brand recognition and user engagement. This is a new emerging role in the market, and creativity and demonstrable hands-on experience and portfolio of work will be critical.
Multimedia Content Creation
- Script, edit and produce social-first multimedia content based on current communications priorities and strategies, including support to emergencies, campaigns and high-level events as required;
- Organize incoming global content and identify strong storylines particularly for video production;
- Develop templates for social video, GIFs and postcards for regional and country offices on WFP’s cloud-based content platforms;
- Create creation for TikTok, Instagram Reels, and Instagram Stories based on market trends;
- Guide and provide support for the design and creation of social media products as needed;
- Stay up to date on the latest content trends across platforms and test new formats.
- Serve as the social media focal point for WFP’s DAM system, Orange Logic. Manage uploads of social media content, complete meta-data, and create virtual folders for social media;
- Organize folders, update multimedia templates, and manage asset distribution on the social media content creation platform, Canva;
- Maintain and manage the team’s internal Sharepoint for archival content;
- Deliver packaged assets and templates to CAM and external stakeholders for translation and localization.
- Organize and upload messaging, templates, and finalised social products for campaigns and key division priorities to our campaign management platform (Trello) and our DAM system (Multimedia Hub);
- Liaise with country offices to ensure content packages are finalized, approved and ready for publication;
- Work in coordination with internal CAM stakeholders to develop and implement social media campaign elements;
- Support in regional campaign distribution and localization.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Produced a range of multimedia assets;
- Improved content work-flows within the CAM team;
- Proven track record of intra-office skills transfers and training on the latest industry trends;
- Record of amplification of WFP content across owned and shared digital platforms;
- Journal of record of campaign assets shared across geographical teams;
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRE
Education: A first degree in a relevant field with related work experience. Additional relevant qualifications and/or training courses will be an advantage.
Experience: Minimum 6 years of working experience with 2-3 years in a similar role. Samples of work will be required to demonstrate experiences.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must work well independently and within a matrix team structure;
- Self-taught learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes;
- Excellent working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter LinkedIn;
- Excellent working knowledge of a range of digital design and editing software for both PC and iOS;
- Experience and a demonstrable portfolio of digital visual asset creation;
- Proven track record of social media channel messaging in management for a large international non-profit organization;
- Experience in managing all elements of social-first campaigns;
- Ability to train teams and explain complicated concepts across a range of cultures and geographies to a diverse audience;
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English.
Deadline: 8th December 2022