Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
WFP works to save lives and change lives through the provision of food assistance and resilience-building programs. In line with SDGs 2 & 17, WFP operations have ventured into different modalities of food transfer and capacity-strengthening to end hunger by 2030 and to revitalize global partnerships for sustainable development.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization, and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, and Uganda.
WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The organization is committed to transform its HR function to a strategic business partner. To achieve this, a lot of new HR initiatives are launching and WFP is looking for an outstanding HR intern to get involved and contribute to these exciting HR projects.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Regional Bureau of Nairobi (RBN) aims to reach and motivate important external and internal stakeholders through influential voices, tailored content, and memorable experiences, leveraging data and insights into their views and behaviors. By doing so, we can effectively establish WFP as the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide and trigger action for Zero Hunger.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate must be a recent graduate (within the last 6 months) or actively pursuing an undergraduate degree of which he/she has competed 2 years of undergraduate study OR pursuing a graduate programme in Business Management, Business Analytics, Operations Management, Data Science, Applied Science, Human Resources or related field.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and data visualization software) is required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in the design and the development of diverse new HR employer-branding projects in the field of employment fairs, university relationships, onboarding, talent acquisition and others.
- Support with communication on HR information to stakeholders, external vendors and/or client groups in line with EVP activities.
- Update and maintain internal knowledge management and platforms on EVP activities.
- Monitor emerging industry trends and best-practices and provide recommendations on stakeholder engagement EVP programme optimization.
- Support with social media and traditional media listening and monitoring of stakeholder activities involving WFP and report on their performance.
- Update and maintain internal databases and other monitoring systems with stakeholder-related data, and relevant key information.
- Support with identification and outreach to external stakeholders (influencers, celebrities, government donors, partners) to support WFP’s campaigns, events and other strategic visibility initiatives at (Regional Bureau) RB and Country Office (CO).
- Support with the creation of EVP (Employer Value Proposition) outreach materials, presentations, briefing documents, assets and other relevant materials.
- Draft and curate messages and copy for activities leveraging external stakeholders, including social media activities and platforms.
- Together with WFP’s Regional Bureau Communications Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) Unit, support with the ideation and development of engagement mechanisms and creative collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP
- Develop an internal database of external stakeholders (universities).
- A minimum 5 campaigns on social media platforms.
- Support with driving Employer Value Proposition (EVP) initiatives.
TRAINING COMPONENTS/LEARNING ELEMENTS
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, WeLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate. They will ensure to remain compliant to mandatory course requirements in line with organisational directives:
- WFP Mandatory courses.
- Skill Development 70|20|10 Rule.
- Undertake a minimum of 3 technical Couse in respective area of work.
- Manage one of the fastest-growth social media platforms for the world’s largest humanitarian agency.
- Participate in the content ideation and content production process, working closely with other content creators at WFP.
- Understand social media performance metrics and how to feed actionable insights back into the content production loop.
- Work as part of a multicultural, diverse team managing WFP’s largest online communications channels
- Understand core narratives and key thematic areas of WFP’s work.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP depending on the duty station of assignment (i.e. Nairobi).
- This position is not remote and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya for the entirety of the contract
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- The internship duration is 8 months, full-time.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- The deadline for receiving applications for this position is February 01, 2023
- Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (East African Time) on the deadline date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- Employment is decided on the basis of competitive selection, qualifications and merit.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.