Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Working in the Global Service Operations Unit under direct supervision of the Team Lead with overall reporting to the Operations Manager and the Head of Unit, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform detailed analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of reported issues; recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed.
- Communicate with clients and follow up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary.
- Maintain contact with third-level support teams in resolution of issues raised by end users
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate) to regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization, and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR.
- Support the Service Operations Unit by writing python scripts for modification/addition of data into the digital assistance platform as per requirements.
- Perform peer review on scripts developed by team members, submitting these to third level support for execution.
- Maintain a repository of already written scripts, cache configuration files and SOPs around these.
- Provide direct database data extracts or reports as per end user request.
- Participate in presentations/demos of release candidates by third level support and pass on the knowledge to the team members.
- Perform offsite and onsite SCOPE end user trainings where needed
- Translate end user specifications to technical requirements and liaise with product development team in development of the same.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and advise on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.
- Advise the Team Lead on any areas that require improvement.
- Perform the activities under the direct supervision of the respective Team Lead and undertake additional tasks as required.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
- Has participated in business process improvement efforts and identified service management improvements.
- Identified and diagnosed issues and problems, monitoring through to resolution
- Provided solutions and advised users on appropriate courses of action
- Escalated unresolved problems to a higher level of support, monitoring until resolved
- Conducted support as part of a TDY in at least one Country Office or Regional Bureau
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. First University Degree in Computer Science or related domain is an added advantage.
At least 2 years experience in computer systems or the technology field
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced computer literacy skills.
- Ability to adapt to a range of operating systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Excellent communication skills, customer oriented and collaborative hands-on team member
- Basic knowledge of technology for development solutions.
- Ability and willingness to operate in difficult living conditions including remote field sites and respond to emergencies including over weekends.
- Ability to work independently
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
You must be logged in to post a comment.