Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Kenya Country Strategic Plan (CSP)- 2018 to 2023, through its Crisis Response component will support refugees and asylum seekers living in camps/settlements and populations affected by natural and man-made disasters to have access to adequate food to meet their food and nutrition needs.
An important and emerging aspect within this component is to support self-reliance and integration of refugees and their hosts in Kakuma and Dadaab camps and Kalobeyei settlement. This new area of focus is in response to the UN General Assembly the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants and its Annex I, the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) which was adopted on 19th September 2016.
WFP in collaboration with other UN agencies has made progress in initiating activities that will contribute to refugee and host community self-reliance and integration in Kalobeyei settlement through the Kalobeyei Integrated Social and Economic Development Programme (KISEDP) framework. KISEDP, a 14 –year programme, is a collaboration between United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Turkana County Government which aims to transition towards a model of self-reliance providing both refugees and host communities with better livelihoods opportunities and enhanced service delivery.
This job will be based in our Kakuma Sub Office and will report to a senior Programme Policy Officer.
The job holder will be working closely with the senior Programme Policy Officer receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They are typically involved in programme activities.
Under the direct supervision of the head of programme, this position will support management and implementation of the WFP’s strategy for integration and self-reliance of refugees in Kakuma camp and Kalobeyei settlement.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Not all Inclusive)
- Project Management and Implementation
- Support in field level management of WFP’s assistance for self-reliance and integration of refugees and hosts in Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
- Undertake annual planning of activities of self-reliance and integration activities of activities that enhance self-reliance and integration of in compliance with WFP standards and procedures.
- Prepare project implementation plans and detailed budgets jointly with WFP sub-office staff, government and other agencies.
- Support capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and country government to enhance adoption of good implementation practises.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries on WFP’s assistance for self-reliance and integration of refugees and their hosts.
- Partnership Management and Coordination
- Support identification, development and management of potential partnerships for collaborative work leading to improved self-reliance and integration programmes.
- Ensure that WFP is represented in relevant partnership, coordination and collaborations forums with government, United Nations agencies, donors and private sector forums among others related to Kalobeyei Integrated Social and Economic Development Programme.
- Maintain calendars and records of coordination meetings held and monitor action points.
- Support processes for contracting and managing implementing and complementary partnerships
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Cont.)
3. Community Management and empowerment
- Prepare a community engagement strategy and develop regular reporting plans as per WFP community engagement guidelines.
- In collaboration with partners develop a network of community facilitators and link them to target communities to enhance project participation and ownership.
- Identify community action plans in collaboration with county government and mainstream them in regular county planning.
4. Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
- In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation focal point follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and period reports, and a variety of information products.
- Organise for joint project review forums to continually learn and improve project design and implementation plans.
- Prepare regular outcome progress report to document achievements and lesson learn.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Project implementation plans and detailed budgets developed jointly with government and other agencies.
- Project data collection, monitoring and evaluation plans on integration and self reliance based on country office plans, developed and implemented.
- Annual community sensitization plans and engament plan that enhances projecyts ownership and secuirty of farm assests.
- Reports and briefs from research and analysis on operations, policy and strategic issues to support senior colleagues and government counterparts in developing and updating policies, strategies and project designs.
- Partnerships necessary for successful implementation of the projects are maintained; WFP representation in all relevant internal and external meetings on refugee self reliance and integration is ensured.
- Resource mobilization – input for funding proposals provided.
- Reporting – prepare reports for periodic reporting by the sub office, to donors and for Standard Project Reports (SPRs). Draft and update info briefs/fact sheets and case studies on integration and self reliance for host communities and refugees.
- Organize and manage donor and high level missions to project sites.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Self-Reliance Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high-quality self-reliance activities.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
University degree in Agricultural Sciences, Development Studies, Economy or Socio-Economic Developments and related fields
- At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in supporting management and implementation of projects in the following fields: livelihoods market analysis, value chain development, resilience building, Integrated nutrition, socio-economic assessment, private sector development, urban economic development.
- Strong experience in agriculture programming and implementation in ASAL regions;
- Strong experience in community and government engagement.
- Has led a small programme team or facilitated planning and implementation a complex set of interventions to improve livelihoods and economic outcomes for target groups.
- Has participated in policy and strategy development processes
- Proven ability to take initiative, develop and execute demanding work plans.
- Ability to analyse and identify opportunities and challenges and develop and propose solutions to programmatic challenges.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations with colleagues and external partners and deal tactfully and patiently with different people.
Skills & Competencies:
Skills & Competencies:
- Project planning and management with skills in the following fields
- Rural/Refugee livelihoods development in the following areas; small and medium enterprise devel0pment, private sector development, urban economic development, employment creation,intergrated nutrition, financial inclusion, vocational and technical education and training.
- Rural Livelihoods development in the following fields; agriculture and rural development,range management, resilience building, dryland production (crops and livestock).
- Project planning, management and coordination
- Community engagement and enhanced project ownership.
- Partnership building.
- Proposal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills and ability to participate in and facilitate meetings and/or trainings.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications for this position will close at 11:59 pm (East African Time) on 01 February 2023.